Saturday is getting out of hand

LongIslandNewbie

So this Saturday I got home after 9:30. I had 225 stops plus 7 pick ups. I asked for help several times. They sent one guy to take some stops off of me, he came and took 10 and said he had to be home by 7. This is being managed horrible.

So this Saturday I got home after 9:30. I had 225 stops plus 7 pick ups. I asked for help several times. They sent one guy to take some stops off of me, he came and took 10 and said he had to be home by 7. This is being managed horrible.
That's what I do M-friend. With no help. What took you so long?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can they force air drivers to work Saturday Ground to help with airs? There may be a need for some air drivers. Already some air drivers are saying they don't want to work Saturdays anymore because it isn't a regular Saturday air day anymore, and their air routes are being changed to a full time ground route. Most Saturday air drivers will be not needed, but it seems they want to keep a select few. But some of them don't want the extra work, and feel lower senority Saturday drivers should be forced.
If they are just delivering air. Yes that's the job the signed up for.

J92

I was told my hours needed to be cut today. I find that funny since peak is almost here and I deal with the sort on Saturdays. I guess its a great time to budget. I'll be leaving on Saturdays earlier now while the rest of the crew have to deal with everything I do up to post-close.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
That's what I do M-friend. With no help. What took you so long?
Psssshhh, Saturday traffic sucks in general... sure, no school busses to worry about. Butt, everyone else is out thurr shopping, and enjoying their weekends off , yo!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Can they force air drivers to work Saturday Ground to help with airs? There may be a need for some air drivers. Already some air drivers are saying they don't want to work Saturdays anymore because it isn't a regular Saturday air day anymore, and their air routes are being changed to a full time ground route. Most Saturday air drivers will be not needed, but it seems they want to keep a select few. But some of them don't want the extra work, and feel lower senority Saturday drivers should be forced.
If they instruct air drivers to touch/deliver ground packages then the air drivers get top driver wage for the entire day. Make sure they get that money!

Psssshhh, Saturday traffic sucks in general... sure, no school busses to worry about. Butt, everyone else is out thurr shopping, and enjoying their weekends off , yo!
So then they won't be home, that's less traffic, yo.

OrioN

Haha, if they're not home, they be clogging up the streets... and now NYC drivers can't just driver release stuff on direct view of the corner drug dealers and users and prostitutes... they'll pickup the boxes as soon as you snap on the seat belt. So it'll now become a send again for Monday

Haha, if they're not home, they be clogging up the streets... and now NYC drivers can't just driver release stuff on direct view of the corner drug dealers and users and prostitutes... they'll pickup the boxes as soon as you snap on the seat belt
And u ain't doin 225 stops

OrioN

Thank goodness I'm on a rural route, I've had it with the ghetto areas. I used to do that many during peak season only

OrioN

I got 225 during peak with a helper! But on a Saturday?
Ur a Tuesday to Saturday driver???

Just be thankful that ur UNION, sign dat 9.5 list, get the OT, and rake up da monies.

Eggplant side, my pay for that many stops will net me a measly $350 for the day

Theoneandonly24

I'm in NYC, Staten Island. I get an average 215 stops on saturdays and I drive about 60-70 miles and it's usually a 12 hour day just like the other 15 -20 drivers on saturdays.

OrioN

Thanks for chiming in on the area, I guess 1989 doesn't get that demographic...

Looks tight, my rural route is about 170-200 miles, so the stops aren't really the case for me

AlliSeeisBrown

Really not sure if this has been covered...tried asking my supe but couldn't get a clear answer. Of course all new drivers are being hired into T-S, could that make drivers who were previously M-friend go back to that schedule? They forced the current bottom 10 on Saturday ground. We're constantly getting new faces, just wondering if they'll replace by seniority back to M-friend.