Saturday is getting out of hand

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Every UPS store I've ever dealt with is on the phone calling the center if the driver is 45 seconds later than normal.
And as a driver I tell OMS, tell the UPS Store ,they make me wait when I am early, they can wait for me if I am late. If I have any shot of finishing deliveries before 645 I will make the UPS store wait, because when I get there and finish loading early, they will make me sit there till 630

LongIslandNewbie

Believe what you want but the UPS store I picked up from on Tuesday told me they were called and advised the driver would not be there Monday. Perhaps every UPS store was not held off but mine was. Any way you look at it getting home at almost 10pm is ridiculous. No way an old timer got home that late on Monday. Would never happen.

ManInBrown

Believe what you want but the UPS store I picked up from on Tuesday told me they were called and advised the driver would not be there Monday.

No way. They would have a driver blow off 20 other pickups to get the UPS store. If true that's insane. As far as old timers getting off at 10, it happens. Don't think that it doesn't.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPS stores have been known to lie, as well. I've picked up quite a few, especially during peak when things are blown out and they can't be contained. Some of them are alright, some I'd rather drive right by.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
UPS stores have been known to lie, as well. I've picked up quite a few, especially during peak when things are blown out and they can't be contained. Some of them are alright, some I'd rather drive right by.
Have one that's a pain. Must scan every package. My center manager went as far as sending them an email, which instructs the driver to do just that.
The store owner printed, laminated and displays that email at the pick up point.

Pain.

542thruNthru

Have one that's a pain. Must scan every package. My center manager went as far as sending them an email, which instructs the driver to do just that.
The store owner printed, laminated and displays that email at the pick up point.

Pain.

I would LOVE that! Watch how quickly my center manager changes his mind or my stop count drops by 25 when I file 9.5.

UPS Store I used to pick up would be close to 200 pieces or more a day. It would take me a hour to scan and load all of that.

ManInBrown

I would LOVE that! Watch how quickly my center manager changes his mind or my stop count drops by 25 when I file 9.5.

UPS Store I used to pick up would be close to 200 pieces or more a day. It would take me a hour to scan and load all of that.
We have a UPS store in my center that ships 350-400 a day. Dreaded covering that route before I got my bid route.

Heavy UPS store pickups are career enders. You can do everything the right way. Take your time. Work safe. Power zone. Bend at the knees. That pickup was a nightmare.

I overheard my supervisor saying we were gonna test Saturday ground starting next month, and that we would be rolling it for peak.

We can't keep anybody more than 2 weeks sometimes they leave on day 1 after break! We have a new crew kind of sort of. Our unload is suffering. I really have no clue how they're gonna pull this off. I'm trying so hard to encourage these twenty somethings and assure them they're doing well and will make book and management sucks. They'll all qualify before all the seasonal so I hope they stay.

Most of not all are good honest people they just need to work a little harder and a little smarter and stop wanting to kill themselves after three sups and a manager get on them. There's much more money to be had and many opportunities, pay your dues literally and figurative and build a career. I know they can all do it, I have faith. Obvious unloaders who will never make it are obvious but they're really blasé about working, working together, and finishing something together.

PT Car Washer

I overheard my supervisor saying we were gonna test Saturday ground starting next month, and that we would be rolling it for peak.

We can't keep anybody more than 2 weeks sometimes they leave on day 1 after break! We have a new crew kind of sort of. Our unload is suffering. I really have no clue how they're gonna pull this off. I'm trying so hard to encourage these twenty somethings and assure them they're doing well and will make book and management sucks. They'll all qualify before all the seasonal so I hope they stay.

Most of not all are good honest people they just need to work a little harder and a little smarter and stop wanting to kill themselves after three sups and a manager get on them. There's much more money to be had and many opportunities, pay your dues literally and figurative and build a career. I know they can all do it, I have faith. Obvious unloaders who will never make it are obvious but they're really blasé about working, working together, and finishing something together.
With a minimum wage job with no benefits and paying Union dues and wanting you to work like a field hand, where is the motivation? Oh sure, 10 years down the road you have the possibility of making $100k/yr working 60 hours a week. Or still working like a dog for $12/hr. PT. Who is the bigger fool?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Pain.
Sorry boss that goes against my corporate training.

W

What The Hawk?

Yeah lugging 150 lb furniture up three stories isn't harsh at all. I'm sure it's exactly what Hoffa Sr envisioned.. Wage slavery is still slavery. What good is that money gonna be when you're virtually crippled come retirement.
That's when you work smarter! If you think its not safe, don't deliver. Simple. They give you all this crap about working safely and team lifting..use it. If you can't get another person to help..Just don't. I wouldn't. And plenty haven't delivered crap like that because they know better. Isn't hard.

With a minimum wage job with no benefits and paying Union dues and wanting you to work like a field hand, where is the motivation? Oh sure, 10 years down the road you have the possibility of making $100k/yr working 60 hours a week. Or still working like a dog for $12/hr. PT. Who is the bigger fool?
I dunno, pretty soon we'll be recruiting drivers from homeless shelters. Just sit back at the shelter and wait for all the job offers.

opie

Can they force air drivers to work Saturday Ground to help with airs? There may be a need for some air drivers. Already some air drivers are saying they don't want to work Saturdays anymore because it isn't a regular Saturday air day anymore, and their air routes are being changed to a full time ground route. Most Saturday air drivers will be not needed, but it seems they want to keep a select few. But some of them don't want the extra work, and feel lower senority Saturday drivers should be forced.

Grey

All 16 of us went in last Sat to do 13 routes and nobody agreed to go home. They added one route to go around and help but two were in the hub racking bags getting driver pay.