Saturday Layoffs

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Had two full timers get told they were being laid off their Saturday routes for lack of work. Only three months on with Saturday ground and we're already hemorrhaging money. Our center lost Amazon, why are we even bothering with Saturday ground now? We only did it for them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had two full timers get told they were being laid off their Saturday routes for lack of work. Only three months on with Saturday ground and we're already hemorrhaging money. Our center lost Amazon, why are we even bothering with Saturday ground now? We only did it for them.
Omg two employees got a day off that they hate working.

That's terrible

Turdferguson

Just a turd

No actually they did it for Macy's, L.L Bean, Walmart, Target, QVC, Home Shopping Network and every other shipper that wants their packages to their customers quicker.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Everybody acts like Amazon is our only customer and it blows my mind.

Box Ox

I think I was motley fool said Amazon is less that 4% of our total volume. Not sure how accurate that is.

Maybe, but probably a much higher % of stop counts.

Example: I might have 40 pieces for one commercial stop, and 25 Amazon pieces for 25 stops. If Amazon goes to another shipper, I lose fewer packages but a lot more stops as well.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We lost 10% of our volume, and I lost 70% of my pay. I've maybe scraped up 30 hours in the last two weeks. Went from 38 trips to 32-33. I know we hit a lull in September/October but I was working everyday last year at this time.
It sucks to be at the bottom. I know that's not what you want to hear, but the market wants delivery 6 days a week. And we have to provide it to remain competitive.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How much do we lose from Amazon overloading our system and getting late trailers from them.?
Problem is not Amazon, it's the company overpromising. What they do in the days leading up to Christmas setting maximum volume numbers for each shipper is exactly what they should be doing throughout the year.