Saturday split loads

rustys954rr

We run our Monday load with Saturday volume, anything no Saturday we can't deliver we don't sheet up, then leave it on the truck to finish being loaded Monday.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Absolute disaster. Loaded up my trip with businesses from a cut route. Bulk stops, all closed. Had no idea what I was even looking at. Followed EDD top to bottom, got all my residentials off. 4 pm rolls around, I get a message about sheeting businesses before 5. Out of 30 businesses, I attempted maybe 10, 1 was open. I wasn't going to make them all before 5, why even try, they're all closed. The rest I just sheeted in a parking lot and suddenly my day was much better.
Yeah if you just sheeted your whole load in parking lot your day would be even better! Falsification is fun! What could go wrong? Merry Christmas!

UPSER1987

We run our Monday load with Saturday volume, anything no Saturday we can't deliver we don't sheet up, then leave it on the truck to finish being loaded Monday.
But isn’t that work supposed to be delivered Saturday? The time time in transit is all screwed up then.

Nah
No because that's dumb.

If you have to go help someone you're either passing packages through other packages and that takes extra time, or you're doing it through your passenger door. Also, what if you have to get an extra pickup for someone? We had multiple cars today go sweep the same stop and they all came back completely full due to it. Imagine trying to unload that disaster without unloading Monday's stuff by accident.

When I was unloading I would have just dumped all of it. Screw that.