Saturday Sunday deliveries

oldupsman

Not the point. It's all about $$$. If UPS can generate more revenue from consumers that can't wait an extra day, they will. Like I told multiple customers on my route on Christmas Eve: If it was up to the company, we'd be out there delivering on Christmas day. Pretty soon we will be delivering 365 days a year.

Yes, I know. It's the old, I know a guy line. BUT. I do keep in touch with a retired division manager who goes back for
peak. And the 7 day a week delivery is coming sooner than later. Again, Amazon is setting the standard. Just had a Prime
van drive by here 15 minutes ago. It's not going away.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Their salary is based on 40 hrs a week.... no overtime.

How would you feel working 60 + hrs without any additional compensation ?

I'm always happy to hear people announce their candidacy....

:biggrin:
Step down then. Flex scheduling is needed. Take Monday and Tursday off.

DriverNerd

What does it mean for Monday’s?

I don't think it'll make it that bad. Yes, there will be less routes, but there won't be that much staffing anyway. All new drivers hired from here on out will be 22.4, of the M-friend guys left you will always find enough to go home or work a code 05, and there's still going to be business deliveries and pickups. Now if we start doing all our business deliveries on the weekend, that might make Monday tough.

Wally

I don't think it'll make it that bad. Yes, there will be less routes, but there won't be that much staffing anyway. All new drivers hired from here on out will be 22.4, of the M-friend guys left you will always find enough to go home or work a code 05, and there's still going to be business deliveries and pickups. Now if we start doing all our business deliveries on the weekend, that might make Monday tough.
Monday is a hackfest now.

Wally

Well, at least the bar will be set pretty low..
tatjana-pasalic-at-the-hobbit-house-615x410.jpg
upload_2020-1-12_10-21-12.png

Last edited:

Over70irregs

What does it mean for Monday’s?
RPCD wiil have to go out with full gas tanks because the routes will be so big. You will need a backup lunch. Enjoy driving a p1000 due to expanding route. You are now officially the ABC loop rolled into one. No 9.5 list for you because your a “Team” guy/gal. Bring your backup flashlight, extra boots and a battery pack to charge up your TELE..... LOL.

RPCD wiil have to go out with full gas tanks because the routes will be so big. You will need a backup lunch. Enjoy driving a p1000 due to expanding route. You are now officially the ABC loop rolled into one. No 9.5 list for you because your a “Team” guy/gal. Bring your backup flashlight, extra boots and a battery pack to charge up your TELE..... LOL.
Save your 8 hour requests for Monday!