Saturday work, opposite of everyone else ENE

4evapreloader

OK, I was hired in New England pre 7/31/1987. Since Saturdays are automatic OT for me can I jump on the Tues-Sat non bandwagon? I'll be helping someone who doesn't want to work Saturdays and I'll be making more money. A win/win. I imagine this also applies to drivers in the area.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Depends on the local. In 710 sat i believe it's time and a half no matter what.

Not true.

At least that's what the guys I know it have told me.

You've been told wrong.

AGREEMENT between Teamsters Local 710 and
United Parcel Service (UPS)

ARTICLE 4
WORKWEEK AND DAYS
Full-Time Employees

1. Workweek

In order to meet the needs of expanded business, the Employer shall be permitted to create
schedules that differ from those that exist today. Future schedules may be expanded to provide
that all employees, excluding package drivers, may be scheduled five (5) consecutive days on an
alternate schedule of either Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday. Feeder
drivers may bid on runs consisting of any four (4) consecutive days of ten (10) hours each day.
Any new 4/10 runs will be reviewed with Local 710 prior to its implementation. Existing bids
shall not be converted into 4/10’s without review with and approval by Local 710. Approval will
not be unreasonably denied. Seniority employees on the payroll in each classification as of the
ratification date of this Agreement, shall not be assigned to such alternate schedules, except at the
request of the employee or, if as a result of the employee following their work to a new Center,
there are no available Monday through Friday schedules, employees will be afforded the
opportunity, in seniority order, to select their preferred work schedule.

Effective August 1, 2003 package car drivers may also be scheduled on the alternate schedule of
either Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday. For those employees scheduled on
the above alternate workweeks, All work performed on the employee’s sixth (6th) day shall be
paid at time and one-half (11/2). All work performed on the employee’s seventh (7th) day shall
be paid at double time. Feeder drivers on a four (4) ten (10) hour day workweek, will be paid
time and one-half (1 1/2) for their fifth (5th) and sixth (6th) day, and seventh (7th) day shall be
paid at double time.

This language applies to both part-time and full-time employees.

LeadBelly

Banned
Not true.

You've been told wrong.

AGREEMENT between Teamsters Local 710 and
United Parcel Service (UPS)

ARTICLE 4
WORKWEEK AND DAYS
Full-Time Employees

1. Workweek

In order to meet the needs of expanded business, the Employer shall be permitted to create
schedules that differ from those that exist today. Future schedules may be expanded to provide
that all employees, excluding package drivers, may be scheduled five (5) consecutive days on an
alternate schedule of either Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday. Feeder
drivers may bid on runs consisting of any four (4) consecutive days of ten (10) hours each day.
Any new 4/10 runs will be reviewed with Local 710 prior to its implementation. Existing bids
shall not be converted into 4/10’s without review with and approval by Local 710. Approval will
not be unreasonably denied. Seniority employees on the payroll in each classification as of the
ratification date of this Agreement, shall not be assigned to such alternate schedules, except at the
request of the employee or, if as a result of the employee following their work to a new Center,
there are no available Monday through Friday schedules, employees will be afforded the
opportunity, in seniority order, to select their preferred work schedule.

Effective August 1, 2003 package car drivers may also be scheduled on the alternate schedule of
either Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday. For those employees scheduled on
the above alternate workweeks, All work performed on the employee’s sixth (6th) day shall be
paid at time and one-half (11/2). All work performed on the employee’s seventh (7th) day shall
be paid at double time. Feeder drivers on a four (4) ten (10) hour day workweek, will be paid
time and one-half (1 1/2) for their fifth (5th) and sixth (6th) day, and seventh (7th) day shall be
paid at double time.

This language applies to both part-time and full-time employees.
@Mugarolla does his homework, and he gets up early.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
OK, I was hired in New England pre 7/31/1987. Since Saturdays are automatic OT for me can I jump on the Tues-Sat non bandwagon? I'll be helping someone who doesn't want to work Saturdays and I'll be making more money. A win/win. I imagine this also applies to drivers in the area.
It's not automatic. Your getting OT on Saturday for either over 40 or the 6th punch rule.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Saturdays are not automatic OT for you.

It is true, you being a pre 1987 employee, that you are guaranteed a workweek of M-friend, so if you work Saturday, it would be your 6th report and OT. If, and only if, you worked all 5 days M-friend.

If you were to bid on a T-S job, the local and UPS would have to come to some kind of agreement to even let you work T-S, because contractually, UPS can only schedule you for M-friend.

And if the local and UPS came to some sort of agreement, I'm sure your OT would not start until the 6th punch.

I wouldn't count on working Saturdays unless they really need you and are willing to pay the OT.

4evapreloader

Thanks everyone, I think I've got my answer. I was trying to be optimistic. I'll just have to try to get on some Saturday list and fill in for all those calling in sick on Saturday.

PT Car Washer

Thanks everyone, I think I've got my answer. I was trying to be optimistic. I'll just have to try to get on some Saturday list and fill in for all those calling in sick on Saturday.
We have high seniority FT drivers that fill in all the time for Saturday Air. Some guys just can't get enough.