Saturday work

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'll take the first couple weeks of August off. Although I don't see anyway the teamsters walk. We will just work under the old contract.
They screwed us back in 2013 I don't see anything different for 2018.Hoffa needs to step up and do something this time.By the way the election went he's lucky he's still in office.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They screwed us back in 2013 I don't see anything different for 2018.Hoffa needs to step up and do something this time.By the way the election went he's lucky he's still in office.
That's why I see a bigger no vote this time. A lot of locals are bummed he got re elected. Might just vote no to spite him.

Just Lurking

See we bid for life so bit of a different situation.
just to expand of slaves response

1st bid - new opening for retirement, termination, etc. or new route creation - bid area (local) wide
2nd bid - bid in center
3rd bid - bid in center
4th bid - give away offer from top and force from bottom. Company can allow transfers from other center in local with letter of intention.

So with 4th moves a lower seniority driver could get a lifetime bid on a great route.

We only have bid routes including vacation bid drivers. No cover drivers in our local.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
just to expand of slaves response

1st bid - new opening for retirement, termination, etc. or new route creation - bid area (local) wide
2nd bid - bid in center
3rd bid - bid in center
4th bid - give away offer from top and force from bottom. Company can allow transfers from other center in local with letter of intention.

So with 4th moves a lower seniority driver could get a lifetime bid on a great route.

We only have bid routes including vacation bid drivers. No cover drivers in our local.
I know you volunteered to go to St. Louis and help out with those Saturday's right? Lol

Actually I just had this happen a year or so ago. If I wasn't a bid cover driver I would of gotten a nice 4th move giveaway. Instead a guy with 6-7 years got it. He's set.

Bigbass3

Is Saturday work by seniority or by route or cover guy with no route. I'm talking about making people come in Tuesday to Saturday. Bottom guys have to come in ? Route guy with say 15 years doesn't have to work, but a cover guy with 30 years gets forced in ? Whatever happened to seniority shall prevail.......
I am just saying Saturday work only if you were disqualified from sat driving as air should you pick up letter boxes on a bidder route ? I think if you were a air driver and got disqualified you shouldn't be able too. Especially if you didn't sign a coverage bud for the job