Saturday work

Methods Man

The main problem we have here is they run more routes on Saturday than they have 22.4 drivers. On the other hand they cannot hire anymore 22.4 drivers because they are 25% and they do not want to put any more RPCD drivers on
Hopefully we can get better language in the upcoming contract with this debacle. The whole thing is a hot mess

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The main problem we have here is they run more routes on Saturday than they have 22.4 drivers. On the other hand they cannot hire anymore 22.4 drivers because they are 25% and they do not want to put any more RPCD drivers on
I agree, but it's their problem. We are understaffed on Saturday and overstaffed on Mondays because they keep pushing more of Mondays volume to Saturday.
I would argue that this breaks the contractual commitment of UPS to ensure all RPCDs work a Mon- Fri schedule,

I agree, but it's their problem. We are understaffed on Saturday and overstaffed on Mondays because they keep pushing more of Mondays volume to Saturday.
I would argue that this breaks the contractual commitment of UPS to ensure all RPCDs work a Mon- Fri schedule,
They are advancing Monday's work And try to take advantage of the cheaper labor force on Saturdays

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The ones not working Mondays are the lucky ones. Pick up routes doubled up, delivery routes doubled up, misloads because dispatch moves areas around at the last minute. Some guys would rather stick with Tuesday thru Saturday. A few.

I would absolutely stay Tuesday-Saturday if I could get top rate

PVD Scab

Our center is small (~10,000 per day), according to Sup due to Saturdays being added our Monday volume is going to be about 1/5 what it usually is, but we're only going to have 7-8 drivers on Saturdays to start. I can only imagine how my Saturdays are gonna be looking as one of the 3 22.4's we have in our building and how many 0300's are going to be laid off every Monday. Hope it doesn't really go like that but if it does I'd imagine the senior guys are gonna be pretty pi**ed off.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What if you have a bid route mon-fri and they force you in on Saturday because of a shortage. Can they put you on any route or does it have to be the route of your bid area?
tell them NO , end of story
Are you a RPCD or a scared little 22.4?
Stick up for yourself
✊🧔

ManInBrown

Hi OMS, this is UPS man Houston TX, I’m not coming in today. I won’t be able to drive the package car safely because I’m fatigued from already working 5 days this week. Click. Rinse and repeat every Saturday. They can’t do sheet.

BrownStains

tell them NO , end of story
Are you a RPCD or a scared little 22.4?
Stick up for yourself
✊🧔

It’s got bad at this center I’m at. I haven’t worked any saturdays but today they called me in. I guess I could’ve called in. Ups doesn’t seem to know how to manage saturdays when they’re calling us in on mondays too. But the problems stem with management. I can tell you though if it keeps happening then I’ll be done.

BigBrownboxx

We are starting saturday ground here soon. The problem we’ve been having is the concern of half our drivers not being able to work mondays anymore. Anyone have any input on lower seniority RPCD’s only getting 4 days a week now? This whole situation sounds like a mess.
Same here in my center… What ended up happening with you guys

BigBrownboxx

We have been fighting that here basically if they have more routes running than they have 22-4 drivers that's extra work and should be awarded to the RPCD drivers
Yeah we do about 22 routes tues-fri and 19 on Monday they now want to do 7-9 routes on Saturday… it’s gonna lay off drivers on Monday that have been driving for 10 years! Crazy!