Saudi Citizen in Texas Charged in Suspected Bombing Plot

bbsam

Staff member
If all this were true, it would be simpler for the US simply to pay the Pakistani government to kill the agent and be done with it. I doubt that it is true though. It all fits to well with "Islamo-facist" rhetoric demonizing the West. Or are we simply to believe they don't have an agenda

wkmac

If all this were true, it would be simpler for the US simply to pay the Pakistani government to kill the agent and be done with it. I doubt that it is true though. It all fits to well with "Islamo-facist" rhetoric demonizing the West. Or are we simply to believe they don't have an agenda

Oh everyone has agendas! Even me!:wink2: And so do you! :surprised: But here's the real kicked in all of this. Taking your "If all this were true" as hard fact, how do we not know that the US paid the Pakistanis to create all of this and that the Islamo-facist rhetoric is nothing more than a pure red herring?

What would we learn indeed if we had that true transparency model we spoke of earlier and could actually follow all the money?
:peaceful:

bbsam

Staff member
Oh everyone has agendas! Even me!:wink2: And so do you! :surprised: But here's the real kicked in all of this. Taking your "If all this were true" as hard fact, how do we not know that the US paid the Pakistanis to create all of this and that the Islamo-facist rhetoric is nothing more than a pure red herring?

What would we learn indeed if we had that true transparency model we spoke of earlier and could actually follow all the money?
:peaceful:

I think we are in agreement that nothing is out of the realm of possibility...except it appears true transparency.:wink2:

wkmac

I think we are in agreement that nothing is out of the realm of possibility...except it appears true transparency.:wink2:

:happy-very: I know that's right!

BTW: As an aside note to all this Saudi/Pakistan/Al Qaeda talk, my wife and I watched former CIA Bin Laden Unit chief Micheal Scheuer last night on C-Span's BookTV talk about his new book on Bin Laden and it repeats tonight (Sunday) at 10 pm est on C-Span 2. If you're not doing anything else, it's worth the watch in several respects. I respect Scheuer and what he does/has to say on bin Laden but he does come across IMO at times as an apologist of the CIA and then yet condemns what he calls imperial hubris which the CIA has been as much front and center on as anyone else. Scheuer just doesn't for whatever reason want to "drop the other shoe" in the same way as former CIA agents/analysts like Ray McGovern, Chalmers Johnson, Philip Giraldi, John Stockwell and Philip Agee have.

It was Scheuer who much earlier alleged all the missed opportunities to get bin Laden which IMO didn't look like mistakes when you observe the bigger picture that made me look far deeper and question the entire construct of the myths around Al Qaeda, bin Laden and the whole idea of islamo-fascism. One of the most thought provoking is the 3 part series Adam Curtis did for the BBC entitled, "The Power of Nightmares" which you can watch for free on Google Video. If you dare!
:wink2:

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"...my wife and I watched former CIA Bin Laden Unit chief Micheal Scheuer last night on C-Span's BookTV talk about his new book on Bin Laden ..."

Wkmac, you party animal....you are one wild & crazy guy !! :wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, if he was able to perform to his wife's satisfaction and take in the documentary, I for one am impressed you party animal!

wkmac

Pakistani and Indian newspapers are reporting that Raymond Davis, the CIA contractor in jail in Lahore facing murder charges for the execution-slayings of two young men believed to by Pakistani intelligence operatives, was actually involved in organizing terrorist activities in Pakistan.
As the Express Tribune, an English-language daily that is linked to the International Herald Tribune,reported on Feb. 22:
“The Lahore killings were a blessing in disguise for our security agencies who suspected that Davis was masterminding terrorist activities in Lahore and other parts of Punjab,” a senior official in the Punjab Police claimed.
“His close ties with the TTP [the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan] were revealed during the investigations,” he added. “Davis was instrumental in recruiting young people from Punjab for the Taliban to fuel the bloody insurgency.” Call records of the cellphones recovered from Davis have established his links with 33 Pakistanis, including 27 militants from the TTP and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi sectarian outfit, sources said.
The article goes on to explain a motive for why the US, which on the one hand has been openly pressing Pakistan to move militarily against Taliban forces in the border regions abutting Afghanistan, would have a contract agent actively encouraging terrorist acts within Pakistan, saying:
Davis was also said to be working on a plan to give credence to the American notion that Pakistan’s nuclear weapons are not safe. For this purpose, he was setting up a group of the Taliban which would do his bidding.
According to a report in the Economic Times of India, a review by police investigators of calls placed by Davis on some of the cell phones found on his person and in his rented Honda Civic after the shooting showed calls to 33 Pakistanis, including 27 militants from the banned Pakistani Taliban, and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, an group identified as terrorist organization by both the US and Pakistan, which has been blamed for the assassination of Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, and to the brutal slaying of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.

The Case Mounts Against the CIA's Raymond Davis

wkmac

A Counterpoint POV on the Davis subject matter.

The nature of Davis’ work — now acknowledged to be on contract for the CIA — and the prolonged vacuum of information regarding it has invited in a host of outlandish theories to fill the void.
Early on in the Davis affair, The European Union Times, an online news site printed a transparently silly story about Davis running weapons of mass destruction for al-Qaeda. You see, a Russian intelligence report indicated that Davis had documents detailing U.S. shipments of”nuclear fissile material” and “biological agents” to al-Qaeda for the purpose of starting a world war that would restore the American economy to global dominance. Absurd as it is, the story has since been picked up by Pakistan’s The Nation, as well as by Pakistani journalists on press listservs and Twitter.
The narrative of the U.S. colluding with terrorists to attack Pakistan was later taken up by the Express Tribune , which ran a story claiming that Davis had gone rogue on the U.S. and started working for the Pakistani Taliban.

CIA Spy Sparks Conspiracy-Palooza

wkmac

Unless Wikileaks comes through.:wink2:

I'm hoping as things shake up in the Middle East, some documents kept safe from public eyes do indeed become public and the picture does become clearer.

trplnkl said:
The bad part is, we will never know the true story.

We may all differ from one another on specifics but I do think his general statement is one we'd all agree on in it's simple premise. That said, this suggests also none of us believe we've been told or allowed to have is all the truth. Whether we want to admit or face that reality or not, that alone IMO speaks volumes about where we are at these dayz!