Saw it coming

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Exactly, which goes back to my original point, we're approaching 20+ years of a country divided down the MIDDLE.... that's what you get when you have TWO choices that both suck.
What I find highly disappointing is compared to the other two we had as good of a third party canidate as ever.

The system is set up to favor those two parties big time though. Giving the illusion that those are the only two choices.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's the funny part. Trump didn't spend squat compared to Hillary.

We had a local silver spooner running for the Senate who was heavily backed with Republican money and support. Every day there would be another 4 or 5 pieces of political propaganda in the mail box from just him alone-- not counting the nightly nuisance phone calls and the full page ads in the papers. In the last week before the election he announce he was kicking in "another" 1 1/4 million dollars of his own personal money to get the word out about himself. He lost----ha ha. I bet his wife and family are real proud of him.

bbsam

Staff member
There's a kind of hush...all over the world tonight...
Hi budz...we are all confused about your choice up here
in Canada.
It's not that confusing if you can successfully define the angst of voters. I think it's economic. I don't believe Americans are in love with Trump. I seriously doubt they have even thought about republican economic policies. The fact is that the American workers has been screwed for a generation and it's not by the politicians but by the money that owns the politicians. As much as Trump represents blowing that reality up, it will never happen. A republican House and Senate won't let that populist movement go anywhere and if Trump doesn't back off, he'll simply be impeached by his own party. Watch carefully how his upcoming trials go. If any of that gets particularly nasty or blown up, Paul Ryan and the "Never Trump" wing of the House will quietly size their moment in order to elevate their own man (Pence) to the presidency. Trump may have used the Republican party but that doesn't mean the reverse is not also true.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually rod, it's sad.
Say your a parent(s) who worked 2-3 jobs so that your kid could get into College. And you turn on the evening news just to see your kid marching like a zombie.

I would be proud of either of my children if they felt strongly enough to voice their opposition in a peaceful manner.

My son told me that he voted for Hillary.

From what I could gather the protest in NYC started with about 500 people and through social media quickly grew to thousands.

Overpaid Union Thug

This election has proven lots of things. Mainly that people are getting fed up with liberals. And liberals are delicate little snow flakes that have been failed by their public school systems. The are to ignorant to function in life.

Brownslave688

I would be proud of either of my children if they felt strongly enough to voice their opposition in a peaceful manner.

My son told me that he voted for Hillary.

From what I could gather the protest in NYC started with about 500 people and through social media quickly grew to thousands.
Why would one be proud?

It's not like you're protesting something you didn't feel that you were represented well in.

If these people didn't vote it's their own fault. If they did tough.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why would one be proud?

It's not like you're protesting something you didn't feel that you were represented well in.

If these people didn't vote it's their own fault. If they did tough.
Seems like a waste of time to protest something that won't change. It's not like any of the protests will change the fact that Trump is the President-elect.

Brownslave688

Seems like a waste of time to protest something that won't change. It's not like any of the protests will change the fact that Trump is the President-elect.
It's petty and childish.

It would be like a school voting on a team mascot and those who's mascot didn't win protesting and throwing a fit.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special

It would be nice if some of those people spent more effort on finding jobs than protesting every time something happens they don't like.