Saying goodbye

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
bought this thing over 10 years ago because my wife wanted a pet and we couldn't afford the pet deposit and extra rent at the time.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed she would of lived this long or that I might become even remotely attached.

She's got arthritis so bad she can hardly walk right now but the wife is really having a hard time saying bye. So we got some pain meds but she just doesn't want to eat anything and you can tell she doesn't feel right. Her days are very numbered at this point.

Brownslave688

14 is the oldest one ever. For her breed I think 12 May be. They are considered geriatric at age 6 lol.

Thanks guys I swear when I bought her I thought well it's a rabbit it'll be dead in 4-5 years and then maybe we can afford a real pet but honestly they are just like cats. She used a litter box until the arthritis made her lose control of her bowels and she really does have a personality. Her and my wife were inseparable and there really was a bond there.

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You have loved and nurtured her and have let her to live out her senior years with dignity and affection.

My heart goes out to you and your wife. It's never easy to know that a beloved companion's life will soon be over.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Sorry.

But whatever you do remember that putting that animal ahead of your personal feelings is one of the greatest gifts you can do for it.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1419995769.314385.jpg

Sorry about your rabbit dude....

Future

Victory Ride
14 is the oldest one ever. For her breed I think 12 May be. They are considered geriatric at age 6 lol.

Thanks guys I swear when I bought her I thought well it's a rabbit it'll be dead in 4-5 years and then maybe we can afford a real pet but honestly they are just like cats. She used a litter box until the arthritis made her lose control of her bowels and she really does have a personality. Her and my wife were inseparable and there really was a bond there.
All animals are precious companions ....i had a cat shot in the spine from a pellet gun by some dirtbag a couple years ago....he lay crippled on vet table.....pain he felt and what i felt was horrible....held him tight as they put him to rest.

Indecisi0n

Do yourself and your pet a favor and if its time then let him/her go. Keeping a pet around who is suffering is sort of selfish and wrong. Many people do so because they just can't let go but I'd rather let my pet go a little early then have it stay and suffer.

Future

Victory Ride
Do yourself and your pet a favor and if its time then let him/her go. Keeping a pet around who is suffering is sort of selfish and wrong. Many people do so because they just can't let go but I'd rather let my pet go a little early then have it stay and suffer.
You can always get new Gerbals INDE...lol

M

Mike hunt

I'm sorry for your loss. Pet's can be some of the best friends a person can ever hope to have. They don't talk they are just there. That's a good friend. My heart goes out to you.n

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

Well I had finally convinced the wife it was time to put her down and we were going to take her in last Tuesday to end her suffering. Woke up Tuesday morning and she had passed during the night. I guess she gave my wife one last gift by not making her put her down.