Scab vs. Non Scab ?

Am I my brother's keeper?
I guess it's open to interpretation.
Whenever I see a non union trucker and he looks like a slob is rude and cuts me off at the last minute throws a bottle of yellow trucker tea or drives one of this rigs that you eat sleep and :censored2: in I call him a scab in my mind. I know this isn't right but I'm only human. I need to work on this. I know.

A scab is someone who crosses of crossed a picket line in a strike.

Overpaid Union Thug

Is a scab just a name for a non union employee OR an employee of either form (non union or union and/or non union that crosses a picket line) ?

I know the answer , but for shyts and giggles , some of my coworkers don't . Just seeking unbiased clarification from outside source's .

And judging by some of the headers I see posted , alot of folks need educating on everything from :What is a Union to Cardinal sins . Reading some of the headers are just entertaining to say the least .

Sent using BrownCafe App

By definition a scab is someone that crosses a picket line. However, on this site many refer to non-union hourly employees as scabs too. I'm guessing that they only exist in RTW states. Personally I wish there was another name for them. Some "scabs" are new part-timers and I don't blame them for not joining right away. But the rest deserve their own title. "Scab" should be reserved for those that cross a picket line. During the 97 strike there was only one driver that crossed here and they were a union member.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
By definition a scab is someone that crosses a picket line. However, on this site many refer to non-union hourly employees as scabs too. I'm guessing that they only exist in RTW states. Personally I wish there was another name for them. Some "scabs" are new part-timers and I don't blame them for not joining right away. But the rest deserve their own title. "Scab" should be reserved for those that cross a picket line. During the 97 strike there was only one driver that crossed here and they were a union member.
The word you are looking for is 'freerider'.