UPS not provide it. Will the teamster’s be allowed to deny benefits to Right to
Work for Less scabs? If so do you think it will be ruled legal that UPS pays
the Teamsters to provide benefits and therefore can “force” employees to join
the union if they want union benefits?

Did the pension plan change to where employees are not eligible from ages
17 to 21 to accrue any pension?

It seems than not all of the changes in the agreement are included in what
is crossed out and what is new in Bold. I am
sure that some of us are studying the implications of every word of this tentative agreement;
not just the Bold & crossed out sections.

What about the following?

1. Any portion of any
GWI
may be re-allocated as an increased contribution to a Teamster
Pension or Health &Welfare Fund. The re-allocation shall apply to all
employees in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, as applicable, provided all of the
affected employees (full or part-time, if applicable) are covered by the same
Pension or Health & Welfare Fund

What is the STD (short term disability) weekly wage and where are the details of the Teamster
Health Care Plan located?

How will my wanted overtime be affected when UPS can pay $25 an hour for up
to 4 years to a progression employee? What is my right to my work and
OT?

This section seems like a give away also ...........
(10)Mileage Determination instead of actual miles driven

The method of measurement for mileage under this provision will be Microsoft Streets and Trips mapping or similar successor software

does that mean a driver who has to take a long detour will only be paid as the crow flies?

jaker

trolling
My question is , if you control my health care what keeps you from taking it from me for whatever reason you want

You might give it to me now , but the next contract you can say the union doesn't want to do it anymore then what happens

Delivered

My question is , if you control my health care what keeps you from taking it from me for whatever reason you want

You might give it to me now , but the next contract you can say the union doesn't want to do it anymore then what happens

Call and ask your Local and the International who negotiated that for us.

Because we'll get a big pile of :censored2:

Delivered

Free H&W is a big pile?? Have you read the comparisons between the plans? I didn't think so.

Yeah I have, what's a Big Pile is that the CS Trustees can change such said plan at any moment with NO vote from the Membership. But I'm sure that would never happen til like maybe 2014

jaker

trolling
Free H&W is a big pile?? Have you read the comparisons between the plans? I didn't think so.
This Contract is not great on our health care , but the next one who is to say the union doesn't screw us all together on it

We can't nogaitate with the union on what they want to give us for Heath care

anonymous4

That's not from the heart but some place else.

And yes, you're right. I don't work for free, UPS doesn't give anything more than they need to and the circle is complete. So why am I being told I should be thankful for free benefits?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

INTHEGAME.... why the happy face? Why are you so "POT COMMITTED" on this contract? What makes you think you are getting a great deal? What is it that you DONT understand about the new health care insurance that "we" employees are transitioning too?

Did you miss this part of the T.A.??
Memorandum of Understanding

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) provide the following in order to detail the benefits available through Central States Health & Welfare plan. Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels.

Do you even COMPREHEND what this even means?

How are employees "protected" in the future from decreasing benefits and increasing costs with this sentence in the NMA???

Do you even understand what this sentence SUGGESTS?

Peace

TOS

UPS_Broken_Dreams

I understand this is a part time job with great benefits but what I don't understand is why UPS forces 5-6 hours worth of work in a 3 1/2 hour shift (rhetorical, I do understanding) but I'm sure giving either more money an hour or more hours in a day would be better and safer. Packages are falling on the floor, the belts constantly being stopped. This isn't safe working conditions at all. I've never worked a part time job that leaves me sore and drained after 3 hours. All Bc Ft drivers are greedy and someone needs to absorb the astronomical amount they make to drive a truck...

rudy5150

The union never helps out the over worked part timers....a fair days work=fair days pay Not at UPS when they want 8hrs work done within 4 hrs

UPS_Broken_Dreams

I had a couple of jobs in the past where I felt I was under compensated. I quit.

Trust me I would if it wasn't for the benefits which you have to wait a year for, what a joke. Record profits and we keep giving away. Once gone we can never get back and now I'm not even sure what our healthcare looks like.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I understand this is a part time job with great. benefits but what I don't understand is why UPS forces 5-6 hours worth of work in a 3 1/2 hour shift (rhetorical, I do understanding) but I'm sure giving either more money an hour or more hours in a day would be better and safer. Packages are falling on the floor, the belts constantly being stopped. This isn't safe working conditions at all. I've never worked a part time job that leaves me sore and drained after 3 hours. All Bc Ft drivers are greedy and someone needs to absorb the astronomical amount they make to drive a truck...

Do you know why you are doing twice the work? Because you do it. That's why. It's about numbers now. Till you realize it keep making your supervisor rich. Work for you not them. Another scared whimp

Inthegame

INTHEGAME.... why the happy face? Why are you so "POT COMMITTED" on this contract? What makes you think you are getting a great deal? What is it that you DONT understand about the new health care insurance that "we" employees are transitioning too?

Did you miss this part of the T.A.??
Memorandum of Understanding

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) provide the following in order to detail the benefits available through Central States Health & Welfare plan. Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels.

Do you even COMPREHEND what this even means?

How are employees "protected" in the future from decreasing benefits and increasing costs with this sentence in the NMA???

Do you even understand what this sentence SUGGESTS?

Peace

TOS
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think it's a great deal but I believe it's a fair deal. And yes I saw the MOU that contains basic legal language that is present in every Union sponsored H&W plan. And in those plans occasionally benefit levels do change if and when necessary. But they don't change at the level some posters are fearing. The TA calls for the funding levels necessary from UPS to provide the benefits advertised. They are similar to what is currently offered but do contain additional costs for those that seek service only. No cost whatsoever if you don't need medical attention. That is better than paying any co-premium and that's what UPS was offering. The old plan with the high levels was done. Show me another plan at any employer that doesn't require cost sharing with their employees. UPS management pays beaucoup co-premiums.
I've been under a no-cost union plan for over thirty years that could do all the nasty deeds you're warning about, but they haven't because responsible leaders negotiated sufficient contribution rates to keep high levels of coverage levels and controlled costs through good management. It happens because the Union trustees actually care about the members. Wow, even without TDU's help, our locals guys give a damn. What a novel concept, a concept that happens in union halls throughout this country, even in yours, even as you and your new found friends show your appreciation.

Ingratitude, thou marble-hearted fiend...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think it's a great deal but I believe it's a fair deal. And yes I saw the MOU that contains basic legal language that is present in every Union sponsored H&W plan. And in those plans occasionally benefit levels do change if and when necessary. But they don't change at the level some posters are fearing. The TA calls for the funding levels necessary from UPS to provide the benefits advertised. They are similar to what is currently offered but do contain additional costs for those that seek service only. No cost whatsoever if you don't need medical attention. That is better than paying any co-premium and that's what UPS was offering. The old plan with the high levels was done. Show me another plan at any employer that doesn't require cost sharing with their employees. UPS management pays beaucoup co-premiums.
I've been under a no-cost union plan for over thirty years that could do all the nasty deeds you're warning about, but they haven't because responsible leaders negotiated sufficient contribution rates to keep high levels of coverage levels and controlled costs through good management. It happens because the Union trustees actually care about the members. Wow, even without TDU's help, our locals guys give a damn. What a novel concept, a concept that happens in union halls throughout this country, even in yours, even as you and your new found friends show your appreciation.

Ingratitude, thou marble-hearted fiend...

I guess then it is really, really great insurance if you never need to use it. Won't cost you a penny-as long as you just don't use it.
I wonder how many people never use their medical insurance and work for UPS?