Scandel at 705?

tieguy

Banned
Ups has been after the pension for years. Don't act like they did it for our benefit.Ups would have had to pay billions to withdraw back in 97 when it was a company contract demand
They withdrew because it will save ups money. Did you say securing or screwing our pensions?

saves money long term and fixes the pension mess and ensures our people have the retirement plan they deserve. Yes I think its safe UPS has been sincere about improving our peoples retirement plans. The non-union clerks and management you see running around have a solid retirement plan and 401 K match. You folks could have had the same thing if you didn't get caught up in the us vs them mentality.

A driver who retired with 30 years way back in 1997 got. $3000 a month. A driver who will retire a full 16 years later in 2013 will get the same amount. The better part of 2 decades go by with no increase. Does not seem very secure.

The driver got 3000 in 97 because ups went after the pensions and offered a plan that would pay 3000 which was significantly more then many teamster plans offered then. Those plans then raised their payout to match ups offer. Your people kept the CS plan and were in trouble of getting a whole lot less then the 3000 until ups saved the day. Don't fool yourself into believing that leaking pig was going to recover. it still may not. the difference now is that UPS has guaranteed our peoples retirement if that happens. I don't understand why you want to put down a sincere effort by ups to fix that pension mess?

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
The atlanta poster makes a good point. UPS put six billion into CS so a net loss of three billion means CS would have lost nine billion this year.
At that rate ups definitely will not be saving any money on their pension buyout.

Its really amazing how much money these multemployer plans can lose.

browned out

The driver got 3000 in 97 because ups went after the pensions and offered a plan that would pay 3000 which was significantly more then many teamster plans offered then. Those plans then raised their payout to match ups offer. Your people kept the CS plan and were in trouble of getting a whole lot less then the 3000 until ups saved the day. Don't fool yourself into believing that leaking pig was going to recover. it still may not. the difference now is that UPS has guaranteed our peoples retirement if that happens. I don't understand why you want to put down a sincere effort by ups to fix that pension mess?

browned out

Really? how good do you think this guarantee is?

The multi employer plan is a very bad premise now with all of the lesser companies going out of business. I agree with the UPS money for UPS people ideal. But this $3000 is not going to go very far compared to drivers that I know who have received the same amount since 97 and will probably get that amount until they die.

I know that some of the other regions plans are in trouble and that some are not. Some are receiving upwards of $3800 a month. Now we are maxed out at 3500 no matter how many years. This is a win win for UPS. Get the older drivers out quicker now that there is no incentive to work more than 30 or 35 years. Bring in new drivers with the longer progression and unrealistic time standards and it makes for a nice stock option bonus for the cms and full time sups.

Please, UPS is the best at what they do. They run a business; the tightest ship. Don't sugar coat it.

tieguy

Banned
Really? how good do you think this guarantee is?

The multi employer plan is a very bad premise now with all of the lesser companies going out of business. I agree with the UPS money for UPS people ideal. But this $3000 is not going to go very far compared to drivers that I know who have received the same amount since 97 and will probably get that amount until they die.

I know that some of the other regions plans are in trouble and that some are not. Some are receiving upwards of $3800 a month. Now we are maxed out at 3500 no matter how many years. This is a win win for UPS. Get the older drivers out quicker now that there is no incentive to work more than 30 or 35 years. Bring in new drivers with the longer progression and unrealistic time standards and it makes for a nice stock option bonus for the cms and full time sups.

Please, UPS is the best at what they do. They run a business; the tightest ship. Don't sugar coat it.

I think your expectations are unrealistic. CS is screwed up. UPS did not screw it up. UPS dropped six billion to fix it and they are guaranteeing the employees retirement. YOu want them to bail the CS plan out and jack up the payout when the best CS pensioners could hope for before the buyout was working into their sixties and recieving less. If I am sugercoating then you are understating the seriousness of the CS mess.

J

JonFrum

The atlanta poster makes a good point. UPS put six billion into CS so a net loss of three billion means CS would have lost nine billion this year.

The UPS payment of $6.1 Billion was made to Central States on Dec. 26, 2007. The $3 Billion drop in Central States' net assets was for the first six months of 2008. There was no $9 Billion loss.

At that rate ups definitely will not be saving any money on their pension buyout.

UPS said at the time that they expected to deduct the payment on their taxes and save $2.3 Billion. They predicted the cost impact to them in 2009 would be "minimal" and that 2010 and beyond would be "cost beneficial." I think they mean it's like buying an energy-efficient appliance. After a year or two of operation, it pays for itself in money saved.

Mike Hawk

The Atlanta poster in the other thread was not registered and posted something that was not truthful, but look how the tieguy praises his post because it goes to prove his own point, but God(tie) forbid someone like JonFrum from posting information about the contract. Hypocrisy anyone?

tieguy

Banned
The Atlanta poster in the other thread was not registered and posted something that was not truthful, but look how the tieguy praises his post because it goes to prove his own point, but God(tie) forbid someone like JonFrum from posting information about the contract. Hypocrisy anyone?

I have never denied jonfrum right to post in fact I want him to join the site to show total support for cheryls hardwork here. You do support cheryls hardwork here don't you?

Until jon joins he is a sitescab. And you my friend are a blatant liar.

hyena

I have never denied jonfrum right to post in fact I want him to join the site to show total support for cheryls hardwork here. You do support cheryls hardwork here don't you?

Until jon joins he is a sitescab. And you my friend are a blatant liar.
Trying to change the subject? And you are a overpaid bully!

tieguy

Banned
Trying to change the subject? And you are a overpaid bully!

Here is another example of your mindset. You seem to have a real us versus them mindset going. This bully will help you realize just how screwed up your mind is. If you learn from me you might be able to save your job.

hyena

Here is another example of your mindset. You seem to have a real us versus them mindset going. This bully will help you realize just how screwed up your mind is. If you learn from me you might be able to save your job.
pm sent