Scanners being phased out???

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Just did away with smart scanners this week. On Monday alone we had over 50 misloads in a relatively small building. Supervisors and management driving all over the region to try and pick the pieces up and make service on them.

Another big brain move from big brown.

Thebrownblob

Just did away with smart scanners this week. On Monday alone we had over 50 misloads in a relatively small building. Supervisors and management driving all over the region to try and pick the pieces up and make service on them.

Feels like we’re circling the drain lol

Our region covers several states. That is a lot of driving.

scoot_

They were mad at us for having 11 yesterday

Hot Carl

Oh baby this is gonna be gooooooood. I had 5 misloads today off of 5 separate routes. They directed me to attempt all 5. I drove the speed limit the whole way.

Keep up the good work gang. I am gonna eat well.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Corp is already freaking out over how many misloads this is causing and yelling at IE to make it stop

Sorry VPs if you want to "cut cost" with the scanners you get what you :censored2:ing deserve

Est.1998

So this just puts us on par with every other delivery company . As a shipper I wouldnt pay a premium for United Parcel Service then.
That’s like McDonald’s with their any size drink for a $1 promotion. Why get anything less than the largest size of they’re all $1?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
My preloader said they told him the scanner company went under so they can't get new batteries or general maintenence.
Symbol was bought by ZEBRA technologies, but that was years ago
4090's (black button, non-bluetooth) support was discontinued in 2018

for the 41N0's (blue button, bluetooth):
Product Discontinuation Date: April 30, 2021

Service & Support Discontinuation Date: June 29, 2026

it's possible this is to get ahead of that support date with our current inventory, but it's just as likely we're dumb and chasing made up ROI numbers