Scanners being phased out???

scoot_

With the rumor of scanners being phased out what will happen to all the gss's?
Think repurposing them would be kinda fun since they run on some form of windows

scoot_

It's kinda weird here. If people just don't use them, and they get misloads theyre eh just scan. If you're one of the few people who scan, and even hit 95% it makes no difference

What will happen to the gss? Can we keep any of them?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's kinda weird here. If people just don't use them, and they get misloads theyre eh just scan. If you're one of the few people who scan, and even hit 95% it makes no difference

What will happen to the gss? Can we keep any of them?
You must live in a wonderful world where bad slaps don't happen, the red ink is actually visible, and all add-cuts are recieved in a timely order. Saying they don't matter is like that idiot in a suit saying the difference between the diad 5 and diad 6 is negligable.

I think the era of pure PAS was a mistake, if you remove the scanners, bring back the alpha charts, it was only the scanners that made PAS even remotely reasonable to follow.

You must live in a wonderful world where bad slaps don't happen, the red ink is actually visible, and all add-cuts are recieved in a timely order. Saying they don't matter is like that idiot in a suit saying the difference between the diad 5 and diad 6 is negligable.

I think the era of pure PAS was a mistake, if you remove the scanners, bring back the alpha charts, it was only the scanners that made PAS even remotely reasonable to follow.
Not sure what you mean by the scanners. Do you mean the PAL labels or the scanners loaders use to prevent misloads?

scoot_

I'm saying they don't matter as in even if you scan and misload they treat you worse than if you just didn't scan. Out of like 20 loaders maybe 6 of us scan.
Bad slaps nobody cares besides the few loaders that do.

I think I'm a little too new to know what PAS means

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I'm saying they don't matter as in even if you scan and misload they treat you worse than if you just didn't scan. Out of like 20 loaders maybe 6 of us scan.

Who really cares… this place is a sheetshow . Just work as directed and dgaf . It’s the only thing you can do. Trying to fix things or bring stuff to management’s attention is a fool’s errand

pkgdriver

Not sure what you are talking about. Usual. Im a driver but have loaded With Alpha Charts,PAS, and PAS with scanners
Im slow please elaborate.

pkgdriver

I believe PAS=Preload Assist System. Ive been wrong before.

OrionIsDaddy

June 13 is the last day any center is allowed to have preloaders use scanners.

After that managers are going to be directed not to deliver any misloads. We aren't going to pay a driver overtime to deliver a misload that can get serviced the next day (hopefully).

Less hours spent scanning on the preload and less hours onroad delivering misloads. And this isn't a guess, this is what I hear on calls

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

After that managers are going to be directed not to deliver any misloads. We aren't going to pay a driver overtime to deliver a misload that can get serviced the next day (hopefully).

Less hours spent scanning on the preload and less hours onroad delivering misloads. And this isn't a guess, this is what I hear on calls
What if your whole truck is misload

OrionIsDaddy

So the on roads,managers, DM’s and District Managers are going to eat all these missed pkgs? Thats how I will be recording them.

Any package sent in as a misload won't be scrutinized closely anymore.

14 missed but 14 misloads also sent in. Everything is square.

Mama tôme is making her own rules. And they are a lot different then old school UPS.

Nothing is a missed commit if we make our own commits . Times are changing, boys

Mama tôme is making her own rules. And they are a lot different then old school UPS.

Nothing is a missed commit if we make our own commits . Times are changing, boys
Never could understand the logic of making service on a Surepost package. Our lowest service level.

pkgdriver

So this just puts us on par with every other delivery company . As a shipper I wouldnt pay a premium for United Parcel Service then.

scoot_

Does this mean they'll get rid of delv's? I think it's so dumb that they hold maybe 20 packages cause they're not scheduled for that day. Wastes time in post and screws up the start of the sort

Thebrownblob

Honestly sounds like flavor up the month, they will try it for a while, realize it doesn’t work and go back to making everyone deliver all of them.