Scanners being phased out???

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly sounds like flavor up the month, they will try it for a while, realize it doesn’t work and go back to making everyone deliver all of them.
They tried that first Saturday with the Diad 6 and it was a disaster.
Second Saturday was a disaster because rain was in the mix.
Thing is so bad in the rain that DR in the cab makes more sense than risking it misclicking and crashing with water droplets on the screen.

Thebrownblob

Thing is so bad in the rain that DR in the cab makes more sense than risking it misclicking and crashing with water droplets on the screen.
I’m not looking forward to getting that piece of crap!

pkgdriver

Yep…2 1/2 years with it…Rain doesnt really affect my day. A bit but you adjust.

PTSandwichMaker

June 13 is the last day any center is allowed to have preloaders use scanners.

After that managers are going to be directed not to deliver any misloads. We aren't going to pay a driver overtime to deliver a misload that can get serviced the next day (hopefully).

Less hours spent scanning on the preload and less hours onroad delivering misloads. And this isn't a guess, this is what I hear on calls
Well that’s good then re delivering misloads. I’m sure they will work out some type of downside to that so it’s bad for us though. What about new acronyms? Will there be backronyms? I’m just excited for that part honestly.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
If you are a preloader you will notice a part time supervisor going through your car with a scanner "scan checking" looking for misloads.
@BigUnionGuy what are your thoughts on preload supervisors scanning?

I have no problem with them supervising my work, but this used to be labor which was given to the preloaders, and now it is going to be given to supervisors?

The long and the short of this is that it will mean more trucks for all of us. Because they are taking my labor away from me.

Thebrownblob

@BigUnionGuy what are your thoughts on preload supervisors scanning?

I have no problem with them supervising my work, but this used to be labor which was given to the preloaders, and now it is going to be given to supervisors?

The long and the short of this is that it will mean more trucks for all of us. Because they are taking my labor away from me.
If they’re not forwarding the progress of the package I don’t think there’s much we can do about that.

PTSandwichMaker

At my hub they took them away from preload for 2 weeks then brought them back when misloads were out of control.
I saw a post somewhere they took scanners away at someone’s hub & then retrained preloaders to use a marker to circle the route name on the PAL before loading, in order to prevent misloads in the interim (before getting RFID tech). But ofc misloads were still rampant. I figure that would fail as the whole point of no scanning is to increase efficiency (time) and marker circling every PAL would be counterproductive to that. The point of the post was actually that management was threatening discipline for misloads and comments implied that discipline would not stand due to fair days work fair days pay clause, and further because scanners had been taken away.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
RFID is a (beautiful) pipe dream, i don't think it's actually going to get implemented, especially as we are on a collision course with either a recession or hyperinflation

i haven't heard anything about just sheeting misloads as missed and delivering next day, but if we aren't going to scan for whatever reason, that's the most logical path

naturally, we'll sheet misloads as missed for a few weeks, freak out at how many there are, and go back to instructing drivers/management deliver them

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
RFID is a (beautiful) pipe dream, i don't think it's actually going to get implemented, especially as we are on a collision course with either a recession or hyperinflation

i haven't heard anything about just sheeting misloads as missed and delivering next day, but if we aren't going to scan for whatever reason, that's the most logical path

naturally, we'll sheet misloads as missed for a few weeks, freak out at how many there are, and go back to instructing drivers/management deliver them

I am counting on running 6 misloads at the end of each day so I can buy gas and bread

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
No,what will happen is when misloads are out of control drivers will be instructed to bring them in and given to the clerk for an exception scan of some sort done in the center. Management will never admit system failure, rather service failures will be hidden in a Smoke and Mirror fashion