Scanning packages from office as missed

margaritaville

Did a route blind that is hard and was scraping by all day. Barely get air off so not lates. Barely get business off before pickups. But pull it all off without help so was feeling proud. Get back to building and hear "can you scan this AIR package in the office as missed?" Double whammy.

Obviously, wont get in trouble since its not my fault but no missed/no lates than have to scan someone elses air package as late/missed haha. They should have a better way of doing that than give it to random drivers. Very random non important issue. Just ranting lol.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I probably wouldn't care. I'd still do it as long as I remembered the WAD remark. Their fudge, not mine.

sportsjock

On occasion they have asked us to do something similar. Especially if their are missed commercial they will flip out and tell you to void and rescan as residential. Our District Manager is over the top. I've heard him just tongue whip the sups.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Just tell them to do it with the center board. Like others said, it doesn't matter that they said they know you didn't do it. When your center manager is on the AM conference call with his boss, his boss will look at the report and say "Why did Smith have a missed air?"

CHALLY9TX

I think in this situation it's not a problem sheeting it missed. In fact it's the correct thing to do. The package is missed. It would be shady if they asked the driver to sheet it EC or something else. Besides, the time stamp and gps stamp would be in favor of the driver.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Make sure one of your co workers witnesses the instructions in case it becomes an issue. I still wouldn't do it with my diad because the data it stores reflects my efforts, good or bad, for the day.

jaker

trolling
I wouldn't have a issue doing it either , since its not my route and you can see that it was scan in the building way after commit time

And they don't care about how good you ran your route or the efforts you put in to get it done

porkwagon

They've asked me to to that many many times. I don't care so I just do it and it's never been a problem. But if you do want to, pretend you didn't hear them, punch out your board, look up and say; "Pardon me?"