Scheduled to Tour Warehouse...have ?'s

Raw

Raw Member
Yea that is weird lol...I would love to just pack up camp and move down there but what if don't get hired. And even if I do get hired it would only be in the warehouse...I don't think working part time 25 hours a week would be enough to get by. Thats why it would be nice to get the warehouse position out of the way up here then transfer to be a full time driving package car driver down in Flordia. How did you go about just moving down there?
I packed everything in my car and drove down. Got a cook job at a restruant, an apartment and lived in grand style going to the beach as often as possible. First 3 years here I felt like I was on vacation everyday as there is so much to do plus the whole world comes here on vacation!! UPS doesn`t really transfer so it`s better to get in here anyway, if you make driver in " the mistake on the Lake " then you are stuck there for eternity. I`m stuck for eternity right on the SWEET Gulf of Mexico!!! Could be worse!!! Also UPS hires way more people down here as the demand is higher and the pay is the same even though Florida has a lower cost of living so your money goes farther and ALSO we have NO state income tax which is why people such as Rush Limbaugh live down here. Even the apartments here are like a resort with tennis courts and pools you can enjoy 12 months a year!! :thumbup1:

Pollocknbrown

Maybe I'm different but I'd rather driver only one or two months in a blistering hot vehicle as opposed to 4-5 (since its 80 in FL a major of the year, and 80 and humid is hot to me). Then drive 4 months in nice chilly temps which are nice change of pace, granted idk if the package cars are still blistering hot, i cant see why they would be.

Reapix

First off I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to answer my questions,I appreciate it a lot.Raw that's awesome I was just down in the Anna Maria/Bradenton area for the first time and I LOVE IT down there...the gulf is so calm and relaxing and the weather is perfect,I would love to spend eternity down there myself lol. What area do you work in? I've vacationed on the Atlantic side numerous times from Myrtle Beach to Hilton Head to Jacksonville/Daytona to Miami and nothing compares to Anna Maria IMO. Anyways in response to hosers' post I did search the forum FYI and I didn't find anything in regards to "the best way to go about becoming a driver" or any of the other questions I've asked on this forum. What's wrong with having my own thread with my own unique questions? If your time is so important and you have such a grudge against new potential employees trying to increase their chances of getting a great job with a great company wouldn't it make a little more sense to just ignore it altogether? I know when you were starting out with the company you had questions yourself,just because this forum didn't exist back then to answer your questions doesn't mean you have to lash out at me and whoever else because of it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Reapix......what's the big deal. You're in AKRON, for God's sake!!!

Get out while you can. No more snow, no more snow tires & chains and gloomy gray days.

Ex-Akronite,
Moreluck

PS. I prefer CA. over FL......but either is fine. We have less bugs & humidity.

Pollocknbrown

You people and your sun, i live for the snow, snow tires chains, snowboards, ice skates, snowfootball, an actual white christmas, instead of a palm tree.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pollock.....I was like that at one time. Lived in Ohio, Utah, Idaho and had my share of snow......then I discovered (quite by accident) a paradise right here on Earth. But don't tell anybody because it is a big secret and we don't need any more new people out here.

I like picking roses for Christmas and still marvel that I am able to do so.:)

aspenleaf

we get an NFG every week who comes on here starting a new thread asking "OMGZ I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW AND I'M GOING TO TOUR THE CENTRE WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT/DO/WEAR/HAVE/BE/ASK?"

and every week, the members answer these questions dutifully without any flak.

NFG's have it really good on this forum, if only their "can you do everything for me?" and "i can't use the search feature on the forum!" attitude could get them as far with the actual employer for more than 2 weeks.

LOL - we just like to hear the sound of our own typing!

Raw

Raw Member
First off I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to answer my questions,I appreciate it a lot.Raw that's awesome I was just down in the Anna Maria/Bradenton area for the first time and I LOVE IT down there...the gulf is so calm and relaxing and the weather is perfect,I would love to spend eternity down there myself lol. What area do you work in? I've vacationed on the Atlantic side numerous times from Myrtle Beach to Hilton Head to Jacksonville/Daytona to Miami and nothing compares to Anna Maria IMO. Anyways in response to hosers' post I did search the forum FYI and I didn't find anything in regards to "the best way to go about becoming a driver" or any of the other questions I've asked on this forum. What's wrong with having my own thread with my own unique questions? If your time is so important and you have such a grudge against new potential employees trying to increase their chances of getting a great job with a great company wouldn't it make a little more sense to just ignore it altogether? I know when you were starting out with the company you had questions yourself,just because this forum didn't exist back then to answer your questions doesn't mean you have to lash out at me and whoever else because of it.
I`m on the gulf about 35 miles north of Bradenton. :thumbup1: