school delivery

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That doesn't give them the right to jerk him around.

One delivery point.
How about this, a storage unit complex makes us come to office first, get all keys for individual storage units , drive through there maze of units and un padlock deliver and re padlock each unit , then re deliver keys to office , and o yea, there is a locked gate we have to stop and type a code into to let us enter, and exit the storage units, this has been brought to managements attention and we were told we have allways done it that way in the past , and to continue that method, delivering to different floors of a school seems way easier ........

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How about this, a storage unit complex makes us come to office first, get all keys for individual storage units , drive through there maze of units and un padlock deliver and re padlock each unit , then re deliver keys to office , and o yea, there is a locked gate we have to stop and type a code into to let us enter, and exit the storage units, this has been brought to managements attention and we were told we have allways done it that way in the past , and to continue that method, delivering to different floors of a school seems way easier ........
I see this more like apt complexes. I assume the office signs for them all?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I see this more like apt complexes. I assume the office signs for them all?
Much much more involved than an apartment complex, what if a storage unit owner claimed that they were missing items from unit and accused said driver.......I find this practice rediculicios. You don't have to get tenants apartment key, open there apartment door, put pkg inside, close door , lock apart back up , and return key to office, do you?

Fragile

Ah yes an EPIC NYC Public School Thread! No one will grasp this concept unless they work around here.

No, it won't be handicap accessible since the building is probably ancient.
No, it is not one stop since the schools are all being divided into separate schools in the same building ran by their own staff on individual floors by the failing board of ed in NYC
No, the custodians usually don't help and wont be bothered since it's not their job.

Talk to school safety officers and principals tell them you don't feel comfortable walking up and down the stairs with packages because there is a good chance of someone getting hurt such as the students or yourself. Generally it's also not very safe from a security standpoint (Sandy Hook, NJ for example).

I'd tell your center manager about it because it'll probably become a customer concern and hopefully they'll have your back.

You're probably going to loose this fight since you're already doing it. Good luck let me know how you make out.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It's different schools on each floors it's hard trying to get a signature for high level floors because they want me to bring it up...

There has got to be a receiving dock. I would put them there get a signature and be gone. They do pay janitors to work. A building with 5-6 floors has to have an elevator. It is illegal with out handicap accessibility. Especially a school.

3 done 3 to go

There has got to be a receiving dock. I would put them there get a signature and be gone. They do pay janitors to work. A building with 5-6 floors has to have an elevator. It is illegal with out handicap accessibility. Especially a school.

If they refuse. Tell management to fix the problem. Just start sending the boxes back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver to 3 public schools and none of them have a loading dock. All deliveries go to the office.

bl04a

I'm a driver for the NYC metro area. I'm having an issue with public schools. If someone can inform what the rule is for delivering in schools as to wheather or not i have to bring the work to the floor level the school is on or if there is supoosed to be an area where i can leave the pkgs. My main concern is that they ask me to bring their packages to the third,fourth,or fifth floors with no elevators in the building. I feel It is dangerous for myself and the students around Me whIle im working in yhe schools. Please inform me of the rule so I can inform my fellow driver.
I am a driver in Philadelphia and I have 4 schools on my trip. These schools are the same size as the ones in NYC, they all have 3-5 floors with no elevator. I leave everything that I can't carry in my hands at the bottom of a designated stairway and they send the maintenance man to get the packages. I don't know if he gets students to help him or if somebody else helps him. That's not my concern. I've told every driver that covers my trip to do it the same way so that the office staff doesn't try to take advantage of someone different, because they will try.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I was a swing driver I delivered a box of books to an elementary school office. I set the heavy box on chair to make it easier to pick up. The principal looked at me and in a very patronizing way said "Don't set that there. People sit in that chair." So that's what those things are for.

3 done 3 to go

I had a delivery that wanted there 15 boxes of paper brought up one flight. Nope. All down stairs. Its training your customers. They will take what you are willing to do. I'm not a sucker