Schumer Shutdown Showdown

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I believe that the first step to fixing the problems of this country are to do the things most reasonable people see need to be done, but will be viewed as unfavorable and the leader of those changes fairly unpopular, even though they need to be done.
yep which trump is doing

MAKAVELI

I dont know what your arguing here, if daca people are granted citzenship it will flip states, there is 800000 and thats a conservative number
A pathway decision citizenship would not be immediate and probably many rules placed upon those want to become citizens. Likely be very long process for them to trying to say that these 800,000 people will suddenly become citizens is very misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Schumer offered 20 billion
Not exactly ... he offered Authorization.
Are you aware there is an Authorization from 2006 to build the wall.
Authorization means nothing.
Appropriation is the only commitment.

Trump wasn't aware of the difference either so don't feel too bad about your ignorant post! :wince:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A pathway decision citizenship would not be immediate and probably many rules placed upon those want to become citizens. Likely be very long process for them to trying to say that these 800,000 people will suddenly become citizens is very misleading.
Excellent point ... I anticipate the negotiated settlement on DACA will be an immediate long-term status allowing the DACAs to stay and work and a defined pathway to citizenship based on merit.
Or maybe that's just hopeful thinking on my part.
We'll see.

bbsam

Staff member
Not exactly ... he offered Authorization.
Are you aware there is an Authorization from 2006 to build the wall.
Authorization means nothing.
Appropriation is the only commitment.

Trump wasn't aware of the difference either so don't feel too bad about your ignorant post! :wince:
So the authorization is there and the republicans own Washington. Where's the friend'n wall?!?!