Screw You, Memphis

MAKAVELI

With the attitudes around here now I could only imagine the amount of whining if express had to do real volume, not just envelopes.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Just as we could only imagine if Ground wasn't a scam and had to actually follow dot laws, labor laws, and safety rules. ;)

bbsam

Staff member
Actually it is and it doesn't. The problem is Fred S's deep pockets keeps those in charge looking the other way.
Wrong. The law regarding contracting is vague because the federal and state governments want it that way. They take advantage of the system on a regular basis as well.

P

prodriver

With the attitudes around here now I could only imagine the amount of whining if express had to do real volume, not just envelopes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Express driver's couldn't handle ground volume.

CJinx

With the current assets, no. There would be severe growing pains all over the country. Don't fret, though; new hubs and stations are going up all the time. I read a transcript of an earnings call where they set the ambitious goal of having 50% of the ground freight market share by 2020.

We already handle time commitments, silly.

P

prodriver

Not the same as our fo, po and so services. Not to mention our same day on call pu with one hour windows mixed in. I really doubt your appointment del amount to much of your volume.

No it's not the same, but we are getting more appt's, when we do get them they are a pain.

MAKAVELI

I have noticed they have removed the ground shipments not accepted stickers on my drop boxes and they have asked us to start scanning ground packages left in them.

P

prodriver

I have noticed they have removed the ground shipments not accepted stickers on my drop boxes and they have asked us to start scanning ground packages left in them.

Interesting, that along with all the new buildings going up makes one wonder. Now we have three vans(express/ground/hd)going to the same address a lot of days, and big trucks running the same lines. If everyone merged they would probably start doing it one region at a time.