Screw You, Memphis

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think you and upper management don't understand that you will never see UPS productivity numbers unless Ground and Express are combined. What you would see with a 20% pay increase is a workforce that would feel better about their job and go that extra mile for the customer and management. Which in turn would increase productivity and service. What a novel concept. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

A 20% pay increase for U.S. Express employees would incur an additional cost of over $4 million/week. That's a very conservative estimate that doesn't factor in (among other things) any OT, 401k matching funds, Social Security contributions, etc.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

MAKAVELI

I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't take a genius to handle that.
I hate to break it to you, but if Fred could have Express volume and time commitments handled by ground, he would have already. Oh yea, I forgot, he cares too much for his express employees to do that. Lol

59 Dano

I hate to break it to you, but if Fred could have Express volume and time commitments handled by ground, he would have already.

The rest of us have known that for some time now. Thanks for finally catching on. I was starting to worry about you.

MAKAVELI

A 20% pay increase for U.S. Express employees would incur an additional cost of over $4 million/week. That's a very conservative estimate that doesn't factor in (among other things) any OT, 401k matching funds, Social Security contributions, etc.

I understand the company makes $billions every year and yet makes excuses why they can't give decent raises and benefits. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

59 Dano

I understand the company makes $billions every year and yet makes excuses why they can't give decent raises and benefits. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

The raises and benefits are decent. Not great, not outstanding, not awesome, but decent. Decent enough to keep all of us here. No company is going to give a 20% raise in order to get an extra 3% in productivity.

MAKAVELI

The raises and benefits are decent. Not great, not outstanding, not awesome, but decent. Decent enough to keep all of us here. No company is going to give a 20% raise in order to get an extra 3% in productivity.
I'm sorry but if you think 2% last year, no wage progression, no real pension, and the continuous cutting of health benefits is decent, then you really need to get your head checked. People are leaving and the ones who are still hear either are topped out almost ready to retire or are on their way out. But the company has their heads so far up their ass that they think everything is peachy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No company is going to give a 20% raise in order to get an extra 3% in productivity.
They certainly expect us to take a 20% increase in stops when they often get the "brilliant" idea to cut routes.

I suppose you'd suggest to the management to implement pay cuts on light days?

CJinx

I suppose you'd suggest to the management to implement pay cuts on light days?
Hey, that's not a bad idea. If you're not willing to give 100% effort, then maybe you shouldn't be paid 100%. Bravo zulu, Cactus. That's the best idea I've heard from you ever. :smart:
I'm sorry but if you think 2% last year, no wage progression, no real pension, and the continuous cutting of health benefits is decent, then you really need to get your head checked.
Have you considered getting off the road and into other parts of the company? There's more money to be made elsewhere than being a driver forever. People like to complain about wage progression and raises but they stay in the same pay grade for their entire careers.:knockedout:

MAKAVELI

Hey, that's not a bad idea. If you're not willing to give 100% effort, then maybe you shouldn't be paid 100%. Bravo zulu, Cactus. That's the best idea I've heard from you ever. :smart:
Have you considered getting off the road and into other parts of the company? There's more money to be made elsewhere than being a driver forever. People like to complain about wage progression and raises but they stay in the same pay grade for their entire careers.:knockedout:
There's nothing wrong with anyone staying in the same pay grade as long as they're with a company. But there is something wrong with a company that doesn't reward hard work and dedication to its frontline workers. We are the face of the company which deserves respect, whether someone as yourself or management thinks differently. I feel sorry for you if you think you need a title or piece of paper to feel good about yourself and a sense of fulfillment in your life.

CJinx

No, I just see my time as a valued commodity and I have an interest in getting the best possible wage per hour for it. Academic achievements and a handful of brass rings are beneficial towards that goal. I'm here for a paycheck. What are you here for?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hey, that's not a bad idea. If you're not willing to give 100% effort, then maybe you shouldn't be paid 100%. Bravo zulu, Cactus. That's the best idea I've heard from you ever.
We'll start with your wages. Figures you'd like an idea like that (rolling my eyes) which is illegal by the way.

Most couriers give well over 100% so don't act like they don't.

You must be trying to overthrow Dano's position as cheif corporate apologist.

Last edited:

Dex01

Banned
No, I just see my time as a valued commodity and I have an interest in getting the best possible wage per hour for it. Academic achievements and a handful of brass rings are beneficial towards that goal. I'm here for a paycheck. What are you here for?

What is your definition of an "academic achievement"?

hypo hanna

How about a 4 or 5 percent increase that keeps up with the cost of living? Of course that might eat into the massive stock options for the execs, or 80% increases for the CIO or an increase in the stock dividend? You know enough of a raise for the rank and file to take care of their families.