screwed with no help

Jaws

Well quit! O wait, you want your job in which you have! They could have said your services are no longer needed PERIOD!!! We upsers know there is more to the story, so you can't pull that over on us! Walk into your house and be thankful you have a house you PAID for to walk in; you turned on lights in which you PAID for and you have food to eat in which you PAID for; all made possible because you still get a 23% less check!

Sorry it has to be this way. If this was back in a stronger economy UPS day, I'd probably say fight. But for right now, you will have to just be grateful that you still have a job because it could have gone the other way. Just think how much they can save WITHOUT paying out your salary?

Last edited:

ups1990

We can continue to see UPS cutting even more expenses by eliminating or firing supervisors due to the earnings report.

Dustyroads

In the years I've been around, I've seen lots of supervisors transferred to jobs and locations that they did not like at all. Some bit the bullet and outlasted the unpleasant job change, some moved on. Some transfers were punishment for misdeeds, and some were rewards for achievement, yet the reason for the transfer had very little to do with how much the individual liked the new assignment.

I knew a guy who was promoted from that wretched "on car sup" job to a center manager job in a part of the state that neither he nor his wife enjoyed at all. He asked to go back to his old "on car" job at his old center, and even volunteered to run the preload at the center he was at before ours. They said, no dice, you will stay in that hellhole until we decide to move you. He resigned.

When you entered management you should have realized that your job assignments may change. You don't work on a negotiated contract, so your salary, as well, is determined by the company.

Everything about your plight is part of being a supervisor or manager at UPS. You need to understand that clearly, or leave.

Hawaii50

You must of made a major mistake to go from corprate to district?

To answer you question. On the main island here a few months ago a Division level manager got demoted to center manager. I don't know if a pay cut followed the demotion or not?

TakeNoMore

Some management employees in districts that consolidated were moved lower level positions. Their pay was to remain the same for one year. They were told their pay would be reduced to the lower level position if they remained in that position for more than a year. Some were moved back into positions at their prior level. I assume the one's that remained in the lower level postions took a pay cut.

Grade 12-16's needs to look into union representation. Grade 18's and up are getting big perks while the 16's and below are losing more as time goes on.

UPS wants to level the playing field with FedEx. How about leveling the UPS management playing field?

I'll start a new thread on the topic.

NHDRVR

Yes, I have heard of this happening. Many times in fact. I haven't read ahead so TieGuy may have touched on it but I was under the impression that when you are hired at any mgmt. position you are told (or it's hinted at) that your services may be needed at another center from time to time (see tranfer) and I know that any on-road (I am going through the list in my head) I have ever had has held multiple postition from part-time shift sup. and a few were demoted center managers.

Unfortunately this comes with a change in pay...

good luck

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You know, I really enjoyed reading Pmans response.

Your assignment into a job you dont like could be a good learning experience if you will let it be.

Like the old saying, those things that dont kill me make me stronger.

The pay cut is stiff, never heard of that before. But then again, management is very closed mouthed about wages.

Super secret position huh? Ill bet that will make for interesting conversation in the future.

d

Channahon

Any management person with good managerial skills will adjust to a new position. If you are not a people person, you won't make it in operations. Treat others are you would like to be treated, and lose the Corporate mindset, it doesn't work in the districts. Good luck