Seasonal Driver Pay Q ??

Whaler31

I have a question I hope some regulars could answer.:confused:1

Do "full time"(on call) seasonal drivers get the post 30 day pay adjustment from $14.70 per hour to $15.75 per hour like a regular new hire driver would get?

Or is it 14.70 for the whole duration (1-3 months, depending on location) for the seasonal hires?

Can top performing seasonal drivers ask for a pay raise (and possibly get it), or is it etched in stone at $14.70?

Safety and God Bless to all.....

Happy Holidays, Cheers, Salud & Mosel Tov!! :w00t:

no, you dont get to ask for a raise at ups, and i am pretty sure there is no 30 day raise. in progression you get raises every 6 months. hope this isnt bad news but you probably wont be driving after 12/22/06. if you get picked up after peak, your 30 days will start then and progression will also start then. there is no seniority gained in oct, nov, dec.

good luck

AirDriverAmy

I'm a PT air driver. I signed up for the "Reg Temp" list (Seasonal Driver) and the pay is $17.29 but, I don't know if that would apply to someone hired off the street for that position.

brownrodster

I'm a PT air driver. I signed up for the "Reg Temp" list (Seasonal Driver) and the pay is $17.29 but, I don't know if that would apply to someone hired off the street for that position.

You are lucky. They do not do this in my building. No one from inside does seasonal driving here. It's all off the street.

VTBrown

It's $14.70hr for the life you are a Seasonal Driver. What most seasonal drivers do not understand is that even when you are thinking you are doing a great job 95% of the time you are still well below the volume a regular driver is going out with.

Drivers also do not get raises every 6 months.

smf0605

no, you dont get to ask for a raise at ups, and i am pretty sure there is no 30 day raise. in progression you get raises every 6 months. hope this isnt bad news but you probably wont be driving after 12/22/06. if you get picked up after peak, your 30 days will start then and progression will also start then. there is no seniority gained in oct, nov, dec.

good luck

Most of that is right, but, if anyone gets hired into the same job class after being a seasonal hire, the first day you work after January 1st you are automatically a senioritity employee.