Seasonal Driver W/ Inclement weather

Colin092222

I’m a seasonal package handler assistant headed into their second year in a row of working with UPS for the season. Tomorrow I am supposed to call for my first assignment tomorrow, but my location is supposed to receive over 10 inches of snow and ice. Will I get penalized or possibly not be able to work if I say that I am unavailable to work due to the weather? I never missed a day last year and just don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to work with UPS for the season.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I’m a seasonal package handler assistant headed into their second year in a row of working with UPS for the season. Tomorrow I am supposed to call for my first assignment tomorrow, but my location is supposed to receive over 10 inches of snow and ice. Will I get penalized or possibly not be able to work if I say that I am unavailable to work due to the weather? I never missed a day last year and just don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to work with UPS for the season.

That's quite impressive not missing a day of work last year! What's a seasonal package handler work maybe 45-50 days total? I'm surprised they didn't keep you on from last year. It's disappointing that this years attendance record will be broken on the first day though.

I hope the storm misses you so you can get to work otherwise, I fear they might not be able to keep you. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

what do you do the rest of the year?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you interviewed for the position did you express your desire to only work on the nice days?

watdaflock?

Go get paid to sit while you are stuck in a ditch.

Hope this helps.

If it is going to be that bad, I doubt if anything will be moving. Keep yourself safe.

Heavy Package

I wouldn't go in if it snowed that much. You should be fine. Just call in and let the phone ring a few times and hang up. It's the effort that counts.