Seasonal Driving

Dillinger4

True. But what they do here is, if they have any ability whatsoever they will move them around within 1 or 2 different loops. If they are just a body to get them thru peak, they will cover a route of someone who is out long term. Either disability or a retiree whose route hasn't been posted yet. No matter what they can't stay on the training route more than 30 days. The bid driver will grieve it.
I went through that whole bidding and bumping process back when I used to work for the MTA. It was frustrating but at least there was no having to learn something new every time I was bumped. Just the hours and days off changed. I don't know. Maybe I will just pass on UPS.

ManInBrown

I went through that whole bidding and bumping process back when I used to work for the MTA. It was frustrating but at least there was no having to learn something new every time I was bumped. Just the hours and days off changed. I don't know. Maybe I will just pass on UPS.

underworked1

True. But what they do here is, if they have any ability whatsoever they will move them around within 1 or 2 different loops. If they are just a body to get them thru peak, they will cover a route of someone who is out long term. Either disability or a retiree whose route hasn't been posted yet. No matter what they can't stay on the training route more than 30 days. The bid driver will grieve it.
Bid drivers don't grieve that here because they just stick them on a country route with 80 stops compared to their normal 170 and they love it.