Seasonal Feeder Training

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If all else fails I get a week of one on one training to help make me a better driver for next season .
Like others have said. KNOW your pretrip and take your time. It's not a race. They wanted us to orally explain every check out loud on the pretrip. You do it about hundred time during training so you really should be okay there.

I almost was disqualified because I did not completely stop at a RR crossing . I told him it was a dead track ( trains no longer go on this track ) but the instructor did not care. I understood though and never made that mistake again.

Remember not to rush and stay focused. You should be okay.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is the way you learned to do things in the army, then there is the UPS way. They want you to do things the UPS way, since it's the perfect way to do things, and nothing they do or say can be wrong.

Johney

We just use cover drivers then contract out the rest. Our yard has more gypsies than brown drivers during peak.
Same here with cover drivers. Although there are only three on our list of 23 drivers. Plenty of gypsies though.

Gomer

You absolutely need to know how to do a DOT pretrip. The 5 seeing habits and 10 point is not required for seasonal employees.
Im surprised you even passed a road test if you can't do a pretrip
I can do a PreTrip and I know DOTs but UPS does theirs differently then my company and my school did.