Seasonal forced dayoff unpaid

Kinhok2

Hi,
I’m a seasonal driver I have a contract with ups to work from November 5st to January 15st
Today is the 3rd day my supervisor messaged me early in the morning, saying for the seasonal drivers don’t go to work.
Generally I get this message early in the morning (2 hours before my shift starts)
It’s bothering me because , I wake up everyday to go to work , and I receive this message.

Hi,
I’m a seasonal driver I have a contract with ups to work from November 5st to January 15st
Today is the 3rd day my supervisor messaged me early in the morning, saying for the seasonal drivers don’t go to work.
Generally I get this message early in the morning (2 hours before my shift starts)
It’s bothering me because , I wake up everyday to go to work , and I receive this message.
Contract? You work when needed during the Seasonal period.

Kinhok2

Contract? You work when needed during the Seasonal period.
Yes , I signed a contract.
So just wondering,you mean I could choose to don’t go work when they want to?
If yes, it’s better because I can have a other job right ?, and also could I message them early before my shift starts and tell I won’t go to work today?,

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi,
Fresh meat.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Volume always drops after Christmas and low seniority employees get laid off. This is normal and happens every year. Less packages picked up from shippers, less routes go out on the road.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
If yes, it’s better because I can have a other job right ?, and also could I message them early before my shift starts and tell I won’t go to work today?,
JUST quit. Who cares. If you don't like the way you are being treated. Good luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Throw that contract in your bosses face and tell him you demand to be put to work

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I would start looking for that other job now.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
PVDcartoon.jpeg

Lol , I’m a truck driver and not a personal vehicle
Yes , but you're still seasonal. This is a union shop, union people work first seasonal work class.
The week in between Christmas and New Year's is usually slow especially the way the holidays fall this year.
I'm sure you'll have plenty of work the next two weeks

Mattd877

Hi,
File for unemployment.