Seasonal FT Driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by KoolAid, Jan 11, 2019.

1. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

Interviewed back in Sept for preload. Was told I’d be PT preload/ cover driver. At the very last second was told I’d be Seasonal FT Driver. Graduated from intergrad and drove all peak. I was told today that myself and the last remaining seasonal driver were no longer needed. Immediately spoke to Preload supervisor to start on the inside ASAP. Got the ok and spoke to HR. HR says my hire date is Oct 15, but my first paycheck states Oct 14. My question is if my first paycheck reflects the 14th does that technically make me a permanent employee bc of the seasonal cutoff hire date of Oct 14?

2. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

Thank you!

3. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

@Indecisi0n is happy to give the younger guys a hand too.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You’ll be a 22.4 by summer congrats.

5. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

I mentioned 22.4 to my sup. He looked surprised that I knew what that was....

6. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Talk to union. They are the only ones that can help

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Whatever they need .

8. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

What day was your actual interview? Grieve to have your seniority changed to that. hahaha

9. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

Lol if it only worked like that!

10. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

Will do. I plan to when I have my “interview” on Monday....

11. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Only at UPS can we use “seasonal” and “full-time” in the same job opening, both words have completely different meanings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

Oh trust me I know. But this is what HR and my supervisor told me. No other driver has heard of it and said I might as well have been a Cover driver.

13. BriGuy

BriGuy New Member

Fingers crossed for you and myself. I’m in your same position, hired 11/05 as seasonal driver and I love it. I called this morning per usual to see if I was needed and it was the first time that I wasn’t asked to come in. I’m one of maybe 5 or so seasonal drivers remaining, and really want to continue doing this.

14. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

The eternal cycle continues.

15. BriGuy

BriGuy New Member

I love this type of work, I won’t be shy to admit it. I was working for USPS before this and it was brutal. They abuse the hell out of their carriers, mainly because they’re not bound by DOT regulations. So coming from that to big-brown was life changing.

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

For sure. But at the same time, don't think your seasonal route is indicative of how things might go for you. Especially since you'd be kept on as a 22.4.

18. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Welcome to preload hell.
    Hope the waitlist is under a year or you will be there a while.

19. KoolAid

KoolAid New Member

Thanks brother same here. And I never called in to ask i would show up and of course if they see the body they will use it. I used to deliver water prior and this isn’t bad at all compared!!!