Seasonal FT Driver

KoolAid

Interviewed back in Sept for preload. Was told I’d be PT preload/ cover driver. At the very last second was told I’d be Seasonal FT Driver. Graduated from intergrad and drove all peak. I was told today that myself and the last remaining seasonal driver were no longer needed. Immediately spoke to Preload supervisor to start on the inside ASAP. Got the ok and spoke to HR. HR says my hire date is Oct 15, but my first paycheck states Oct 14. My question is if my first paycheck reflects the 14th does that technically make me a permanent employee bc of the seasonal cutoff hire date of Oct 14?

KoolAid

Oh trust me I know. But this is what HR and my supervisor told me. No other driver has heard of it and said I might as well have been a Cover driver.
Only at UPS can we use “seasonal” and “full-time” in the same job opening, both words have completely different meanings.

BriGuy

Fingers crossed for you and myself. I’m in your same position, hired 11/05 as seasonal driver and I love it. I called this morning per usual to see if I was needed and it was the first time that I wasn’t asked to come in. I’m one of maybe 5 or so seasonal drivers remaining, and really want to continue doing this.

Box Ox

Fingers crossed for you and myself. I’m in your same position, hired 11/05 as seasonal driver and I love it. I called this morning per usual to see if I was needed and it was the first time that I wasn’t asked to come in. I’m one of maybe 5 or so seasonal drivers remaining, and really want to continue doing this.

The eternal cycle continues.

BriGuy

The eternal cycle continues.
I love this type of work, I won’t be shy to admit it. I was working for USPS before this and it was brutal. They abuse the hell out of their carriers, mainly because they’re not bound by DOT regulations. So coming from that to big-brown was life changing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Box Ox

I love this type of work, I won’t be shy to admit it. I was working for USPS before this and it was brutal. They abuse the hell out of their carriers, mainly because they’re not bound by DOT regulations. So coming from that to big-brown was life changing.

For sure. But at the same time, don't think your seasonal route is indicative of how things might go for you. Especially since you'd be kept on as a 22.4.

KoolAid

Thanks brother same here. And I never called in to ask i would show up and of course if they see the body they will use it. I used to deliver water prior and this isn’t bad at all compared!!!