Seasonal Package handlers being kept on after Dec 31?

mxt87

I just applied online for a Package Handler position and at the end it showed the peak hiring policy and the dates of Nov-Dec 31st (i think those were the dates)

I'm just wondering if hired as a Package Handler for the peak season, what are the chances/what can you do in order to be kept on after the end of the season? I planned on asking this at the tour/interview thing also but figured id ask here as well

mxt87

Thanks, I think i'm at least going to go to the interview and see what happens, i'm a college student so the job would be great for me and it'd definitely pay better than my current retail job...Im just hoping I can/could get kept on after the peak season.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks, I think i'm at least going to go to the interview and see what happens, i'm a college student so the job would be great for me and it'd definitely pay better than my current retail job...Im just hoping I can/could get kept on after the peak season.

$8.50/hr pays better than your current job??

mxt87

Actually at 8.50 its the same, but retail gives crappy hours (in terms of stability) but the possibility of potentially getting benefits at UPS, especially the help with college they give, would make it a lot better than standard retail I would think

9voltdevil

I just got hired on early Nov. as well. They want me to sort, some I'm studying up on that. Right now they've got me on unload, which I like. Frankly, I'll like sort even more. But I have OCD's with doing things properly, and I don't wanna be over there until I know everything there is to know. I too am hoping to stay on after the holidays. I was kinda hoping to be in this one for the long haul... the pay sucks, the works hard, but I get the system. I don't mind doing my time. My wife is going to school for nursing, so.. I was hoping to make a career out of this, and being let go of Dec. 31 is going to hurt my feelings big time. :(

Brain Genocide

Hired as helper, told at orientation and at interview that this temp job is over on the 24th. Depending on how we (I) did on our route and what out driver said about us, we could be called back in Jan. for a full time job, in the Hub...... Don't hear good about the Hub. Benifits-Hub? Benifits-Hub ?:confused2: