seasonal vs permanent job postings?

TG43

I was hired as a "Full time package delivery driver" in March. For the last 2 months I've got about 25 hours a week. I am on the road, delivering, about 1 day a week. The other days I'm inside for 2-4 hours. So don't think full time means 40 hours a week, not in UPS land anyways. I got a lot of hours during the summer when drivers were on vacation and will get a lot of hours for peak of course. They've hired like 6 drivers since I started.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I'll see what my friends tell me after they find out today when they get back in. Even the driver I bumper into today said he's been driving 3 months and they just hired 2 off the street in the last 3 months. Was just curious as to why every other listing says seasonal except the one in my location. They said they were in serious need of drivers, they are all working 55-60 hours every week supposedly. I applied, will ask if they call. Can't go from permanent to seasonal especially with a baby on the way
They did that where im at. On website it said fulltime drivers, but it was for seasonal. Had a buddy apply for the driver position, was all ready to go n was going to get hired and center manager called me and said human resources FATT COW said it was for seasonal. Was told the reason they put fulltime on website was because they thought if they put seasonal they wouldn't get enough people to apply. Yup false advertisement by the shadyballs themselves, imagine that, them doing something sheisty. They would never do that lmfao.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was hired as a "Full time package delivery driver" in March. For the last 2 months I've got about 25 hours a week. I am on the road, delivering, about 1 day a week. The other days I'm inside for 2-4 hours. So don't think full time means 40 hours a week, not in UPS land anyways. I got a lot of hours during the summer when drivers were on vacation and will get a lot of hours for peak of course. They've hired like 6 drivers since I started.
learn some routes and I bet you work fulltime hours lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They did that where im at. On website it said fulltime drivers, but it was for seasonal. Had a buddy apply for the driver position, was all ready to go n was going to get hired and center manager called me and said human resources FATT COW said it was for seasonal. Was told the reason they put fulltime on website was because they thought if they put seasonal they wouldn't get enough people to apply. Yup false advertisement by the shadyballs themselves, imagine that, them doing something sheisty. They would never do that lmfao.
At least your center manager told you,...and didn't screw over your buddy though..

LKLND3380

Hello

I was looking online and saw that ups was hiring for seasonal drivers, but I noticed at my location, it doesn't not say seasonal, it says full time package delivery driver. I looked at a few other locations in my state and they all say seasonal, temporary drivers vs my location that does not say that. I currently work at FedEx and have been here 7 years. This is normally the time of year that ups hires temps but from talking to a few of my buddies over at their facility, they are in need of drivers. What's the chances of this being a full time permanent job posting right before peak?
The way I was always told...
ANYONE hired after October 15 is seasonal.
Seasonal Package Handlers work.......................... PART TIME
Seasonal Delivery Drivers work.......................... FULL TIME

So you saw an ad for full time delivery driver sometime before OCTOBER 27... If you are hired AFTER October 15....

There are probably ten or so PART TIME package handlers who are TEAMSTERS union members with SENIORITY over 3 years at UPS waiting to be drivers and get FULL TIME. Do you think the Union would allow someone new off the street to walk in and get a PERMANENT FULL TIME job over them?

SOUTHERN REGION OF TEAMSTERS
AND UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC.
SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT
For the Period Beginning August 1, 2013 through July 31, 2018

SECTION 2 – SEASONAL EMPLOYEES
No seasonal employee shall be hired prior to October 15th
of each Calendar year.
Any employee hired after October 15th thru January
15th of each calendar year shall not accrue days towards
seniority in the months of October, November and December.
Seasonal employees, when hired, shall be notified they are
seasonal by signing a seasonal-employee notice.