Seasonal workers gone

BlackCat

We had very few to begin with (drivers) I laughed when they said how many they were hiring.

They seemingly called it correct this year (so far)

Last edited:

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Our average daily volume is within 60 pieces thru Dec 14th compared to last year.
We also only got one rental this year and our seasonal drivers are mostly shuttling air.

Thebrownblob

Get ready boys and girls. Next year is going to get interesting.
1702606840766.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
With our volume disappearing at an alarming rate is gonna require a workforce that better reflects it. Amazon is no longer a potential threat, they’re the threat. We’ve become their temp agency. They just throw crumbs at us when they can’t handle their volume. Unfortunately we don’t have the balls to say no.

Brownwind

With our volume disappearing at an alarming rate is gonna require a workforce that better reflects it. Amazon is no longer a potential threat, they’re the threat. We’ve become their temp agency. They just throw crumbs at us when they can’t handle their volume. Unfortunately we don’t have the balls to say no.
Don’t worry about it unless you’re in the position that makes the decision. Good news is you have to work tomorrow

And we need you on Saturday

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
THREAT?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

We don't even have the same business model as Amazon !!
We deliver direct from shippers, Amazon warehouses all their stuff.

Those "crumbs" keep more routes open.
FedEx and USPS are our only threats.

We had very few to begin with (drivers) I laughed when they said how many they were hiring.

They seemingly called it correct this year (so far)
PVAT changed everything, no more customers dumping 50 trailers over plan and telling us to deal with it, Carol put them in the cu&k shed and said "pay up"

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
THREAT?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

We don't even have the same business model as Amazon !!
We deliver direct from shippers, Amazon warehouses all their stuff.

Those "crumbs" keep more routes open.
FedEx and USPS are our only threats.
How can you not see them as a threat to our company? I won’t even get into their plan of offering a stand alone shipping service to compete directly against us and FedEx. Hell, you already see it when you order something from Kohls and it shows up via Amazon.

The main issue is that Amazon has become the default website to shop on. There’s the issue. The less our customers sell the less they have to ship through us. That my friend is the threat.

I’m going on 30 years now and our volume is headed in the wrong direction at a rate I’ve never seen before.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How can you not see them as a threat to our company? I won’t even get into their plan of offering a stand alone shipping service to compete directly against us and FedEx. Hell, you already see it when you order something from Kohls and it shows up via Amazon.

The main issue is that Amazon has become the default website to shop on. There’s the issue. The less our customers sell the less they have to ship through us. That my friend is the threat.

I’m going on 30 years now and our volume is headed in the wrong direction at a rate I’ve never seen before.
Our volume is "headed in the wrong direction" because of other factors, not Amazon.

Kohl's does not ship via Amazon ! What the heck made you even come up with that ?????
Kohl's takes Amazon returns and sells select Amazon merchandise, PERIOD

You're the same type of guy that was worried RPS and DHL were going to put us out to pasture.
Relax and cash those checks. UPS has issues but growing the business isn't one of them.
Our potential strike and high interest rate credit is the reason for this flaccid peak.

Last edited:

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Our volume is "headed in the wrong direction" because of other factors, not Amazon.

Kohl's does not ship via Amazon ! What the heck made you even come up with that ?????

You're the same type of guy that was worried RPS and DHL were going to put us out to pasture.
Relax and cash those checks. UPS has issues but growing the business isn't one of them.
Our potential strike and high interest rate credit is the reason for this flaccid peak.
FedEx guy and postal worker on my route are also very slow.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
FedEx guy and postal worker on my route are also very slow.

Well I hope you can still breathe with your head in the sand. Btw…RPS wasn’t the issue, it was when FedEx turned them into FedEx Ground. Didn’t happen overnight but I’d say they’re a formidable competitor now a days, wouldn’t you.