Seasonal workers gone

Pullman Brown

With our volume disappearing at an alarming rate is gonna require a workforce that better reflects it. Amazon is no longer a potential threat, they’re the threat. We’ve become their temp agency. They just throw crumbs at us when they can’t handle their volume. Unfortunately we don’t have the balls to say no.

Or charge more

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Two Fridays before Christmas and management told EVERY PVD that they were not needed today. TP60s sitting empty in the lot. Drivers still getting in under 9.5 with all the PVD volume redirected onto brown trucks.

PDS said next week isn't looking particularly heavy either.

This has been one floppy, saggy, flaccid peak.

Pullman Brown

Nope, actually the decline started 3 years ago in NorCal. Volume has grown exponentially along side the growth of e-commerce till the second week of December 2020. The importance of that date, that was when Amazon went live in our area. Over night blue vans were everywhere and like Thanos snapping his fingers, half of our residential stops was gone. The economy, the end of free money, and Amazon delivering their own stuff was a recipe for disaster. They grow we shrink, how long do we stay relevant in that climate. Our volume is/was our golden ticket. The shrinking of it results in our shrinking leverage over our margins. I’ll be gone when the music stops and hopefully you have the years in too.

Where you live might have more to do with that than Amazon. We had that company go live two years before that and still have been adding routes!

Brownwind

Two Fridays before Christmas and management told EVERY PVD that they were not needed today. TP60s sitting empty in the lot. Drivers still getting in under 9.5 with all the PVD volume redirected onto brown trucks.

PDS said next week isn't looking particularly heavy either.

This has been one floppy, saggy, flaccid peak.
And I’m enjoying the good weather we’ve had. Makes a huge difference in how much I give to the kid on the helper route in my loop