Security attempting to confiscate my earbuds

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
:wink-very:
I put both in when I have to load a trailer and I can hear my female supe across the building
Female supe !!!!
Lol ,, she should be home making her man a sammich ,, not here yelling about card board ,, does she at least bring in home baked cookies ??

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I work preload as most of you know and my building recently started letting all employees bring in their phones which is cool so I started bringing in my wireless earbuds as well along with a usb backup battery. On the way in i open my lunch box and it's the usual protein powder peanut butter sandwiches and a can of tuna with my earbuds/charger laying right on top. Went on through guard checked my i.d. and said have a good day.

On the way out the same deal, this time the guard asks "what are those?" To which I respond oh just Bluetooth earbuds. He says I'm not allowed to bring those in. I said I was told I could. He asks who said that and I told him my boss said it was fine. He says "well your boss isn't security you need to go in and get a property pass for those." I said I can't do that today I'm going to be late for my 2nd job, besides they saw them on the way in and had no problem with it. he says the other guards might not have realized what they were looking at and that I needed to leave them with the guard check. I blatantly laughed and said nope and walked on out.

How much trouble you think I'm gonna be in tomorrow? Lol
None.
Guards will report to UPS Security.
They will talk to Sup.
After that, the situation may change.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Female supe !!!!
Lol ,, she should be home making her man a sammich ,, not here yelling about card board ,, does she at least bring in home baked cookies ??
No but the office lady usually brings in home cooked food once a week. Told my lady she needs to step up for that competition

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Female supe !!!!
Only yell’n I need I hear is making babies or having them.

Edit: Forgot, also when it’s dinner time and I’m out working on the truck.

Covemastah

Only yell’n I need I hear is making babies or having them.

Edit: Forgot, also when it’s dinner time and I’m out working on the truck.
Lol. Love it Jack

Oooh babe come on in your dinner is ready and after I’ll rub your feet while you watch the RedSox yankees game , music to my ears

trickpony1

If the OP has, in fact, been bringing his earbuds in and out of the building for some time then what changed?

Company policy or a guard that's on a power trip?

I would have stopped right there, called my supe and explained the situation.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If the OP has, in fact, been bringing his earbuds in and out of the building for some time then what changed?

Company policy or a guard that's on a power trip?

I would have stopped right there, called my supe and explained the situation.

You do know who started this thread, don't you?

Covemastah

Most of our security guards took criminal justice on line and couldn’t guard a Girl Scout cookie stand in broad day light in front of church on a Sunday morning

Returntosender

I take the guards name down and tell the big time drug dealers who to talk with. If they expecting shipment of drugs is coming through UPS and they need advance warning when drug cops show up and try to intercept the package?

kjmarso

I work preload as most of you know and my building recently started letting all employees bring in their phones which is cool so I started bringing in my wireless earbuds as well along with a usb backup battery. On the way in i open my lunch box and it's the usual protein powder peanut butter sandwiches and a can of tuna with my earbuds/charger laying right on top. Went on through guard checked my i.d. and said have a good day.

On the way out the same deal, this time the guard asks "what are those?" To which I respond oh just Bluetooth earbuds. He says I'm not allowed to bring those in. I said I was told I could. He asks who said that and I told him my boss said it was fine. He says "well your boss isn't security you need to go in and get a property pass for those." I said I can't do that today I'm going to be late for my 2nd job, besides they saw them on the way in and had no problem with it. he says the other guards might not have realized what they were looking at and that I needed to leave them with the guard check. I blatantly laughed and said nope and walked on out.

How much trouble you think I'm gonna be in tomorrow? Lol

Wow! Can’t believe how other buildings are run. Never had a a bag or cooler checked walking in; and phones and earbuds are very common.

Dr.Brownz

Wow! Can’t believe how other buildings are run. Never had a a bag or cooler checked walking in; and phones and earbuds are very common.

The security fails at my building are ridiculous, every year or two LP or the DM come through and complain.......but then nothing changes....classic UPS