Security attempting to confiscate my earbuds

dudebro

Never had a security guard here, and I was at least 20 years in, before they put a code-lock on the gate.

Some places don't even have a fence around them (Rocky Mount, NC...) some places are like Fort Knox (Meadowlands, NJ)... It all depends on what security thinks the threats are.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Please, you think THAT nonsense will work? Long before it gets to that, I'm looking at the shop steward 5 minutes after start time and asking, "Do you see this? Where's Joey? Where is he?" By the time we get to the recognition meeting, the shop steward and I already agree on attendance. It's the one item that can't be defended really - if you don't show up to work, you must not want the job.
I had 12 NCNS in 2014, according to UPS. still have the attendance record sheet because it's that funny. think about that for three seconds and how can you not at least chuckle?. You are part of the problem if you honestly believe what you are saying. Zero integrity.

AlliSeeisBrown

Okay so apparently at the hub here we had a pre-loader attempt to throw a 65" TV over the fence to his buddies. So security has gotten a lot more strict.

dudebro

I had 12 NCNS in 2014, according to UPS. still have the attendance record sheet because it's that funny. think about that for three seconds and how can you not at least chuckle?. You are part of the problem if you honestly believe what you are saying. Zero integrity.

So far, based on the tone of your texts, I believe it. I don't know how you think it's impossible to have 12 NCNSs I've seen that level of NCNSs a lot in the PT inside ranks. If you think expecting people to come to work is a problem, you have an interesting take on the world.

The point of my post, which you seemed to miss, was that I would go through the attendance with my shop steward each day. If discipline for attendance came up, the steward would have seen the same thing I did. It's a lot easier working with the steward on those issues, the elected steward is usually your strongest sphere of influence.

Not all management were taught to work with their stewards the way I was, but I was lucky enough to have wise mentors.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So far, based on the tone of your texts, I believe it. I don't know how you think it's impossible to have 12 NCNSs I've seen that level of NCNSs a lot in the PT inside ranks. If you think expecting people to come to work is a problem, you have an interesting take on the world.

The point of my post, which you seemed to miss, was that I would go through the attendance with my shop steward each day. If discipline for attendance came up, the steward would have seen the same thing I did. It's a lot easier working with the steward on those issues, the elected steward is usually your strongest sphere of influence.

Not all management were taught to work with their stewards the way I was, but I was lucky enough to have wise mentors.
I have never once in almost 17 years seen any supervisor go through those motions, so good for you. I genuinely mean that, too.

I didn't miss your point; MY point is, since that has never happened with any of the 50 or so FT supervisors I have seen come and go, your position seems a statistical anomaly. And no, I have never NCNS, ever, and if I really had 12 in less than a year, shame on UPS for not firing me after the first one, or two, or three? That's hilarious to me but hardly surprising with the level of education and decency in your ranks.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Rerail: it was a warning letter lol

Now I just keep my earbuds in my pocket because guess what they don't set off the metal detector. What a waste of time.

And earbuds don't equal misloads. I can still hear the scanner over my comedy radio and bodybuilding podcasts.

And yes I am mesomorph. Does it really matter?