Security

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Given your tech background, you don't have hidden camera detector?
No such thing as a true hidden camera detector, only counter surveillance devices that employee two techniques for finding them. The first is the traditional bug finder (rf detector) that detects radio transmissions and the other is a lens that filters infrared, but that only works for cameras that have night vision.

A standard wired HD micro cam with dvr would not transmit any RF at all and would not have any IR emission so would not be detectable using anti surveillance equipment, and yes I've used this type of equipment but don't own it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why are hubs unsecured? Every part of my hub is open during work hours for the most part.
If you work at a hub, you have a security checkpoint to go through before you enter. Usually cannot get in without your ID.

Some centers don't have security. Too costly. All management working there is supposed to "BOLO." (Be on the lookout)

oldngray

nowhere special
Back in the old low tech days I knew a hub supervisor who had the nickname of the Weasel. He would crawl around and hide in places to spy on hourly employees. He was actually a pretty good guy but was funny to watch.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Back in the old low tech days I knew a hub supervisor who had the nickname of the Weasel. He would crawl around and hide in places to spy on hourly employees. He was actually a pretty good guy but was funny to watch.
FT sups do that here...if you get hurt...they'll put you on TAW and go up on the catwalk and watch you. Waiting for you to lift something you shouldn't be lifting.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We had an LP guy that was like that. I swear this guy had a Star Trek transporter. He would pop out of no where on your route to gig you for an open bulk head door.

Z

ZQXC

Spy vs. Spy / some of you will get the reference

oldngray

nowhere special
FT sups do that here...if you get hurt...they'll put you on TAW and go up on the catwalk and watch you. Waiting for you to lift something you shouldn't be lifting.

The Weasel would go up on the catwalk and hide in the rafters but he also did things that wouls be total safety no no's now. Like riding belts and coming down the slide to surprise sorters. Or hide in boxline cages to spy on preloaders. Back then everyone got on moving belts to clear jams. UPS was a different world then.

oldngray

nowhere special
Spy vs. Spy / some of you will get the reference

good reference
Spy.jpg

Z

ZQXC

The Weasel would go up on the catwalk and hide in the rafters but he also did things that wouls be total safety no no's now. Like riding belts and coming down the slide to surprise sorters. Or hide in boxline cages to spy on preloaders. Back then everyone got on moving belts to clear jams. UPS was a different world then.

Yes it was.

oldngray

nowhere special
The rent a cops are allowed to sleep. If anyone tries to sneak in the noise of the land mines exploding will let them know its time to get up and call a porter to clean up the mess.