Seemingly uncaring mgt

BrownBrokeDown

One more question, Dr Dragon center manager PHD. Could you please relate your medical expertise to the following problem and explain it us lowly dumb box handlers who ain't got no educashun or abilite to logikle thunk.

Safety rule #1 - All loaders are required to use a load stand when loading packages outside of their powerzone (supposedly)

Safety rule #2 - All unloaders are required to use a load stand when unloading packages outside of their powerzone (supposedly)

Safety rule #3 - Sort aisle employees placing boxes on belts above their head is not only acceptable but is the safest practice.

So, per your medical training/schooling, please explain how being in different areas causes lifting 65 lb boxes over your head to affect your body differently, because me no understood?

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

[Q
Get your love at home. I'd prefer silence to insincerity. I've had management ask me how I'm feeling following an injury. They don't really gaf....I could do without the questions.

Exactly; besides if you did say something like " my arm still hurts alot!: there would be no change in work load

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
The only thing worse than being your own lawyer is your own doctor.
1435868554747.jpg

Unless you're this guy, and an actual Doctor.

clean hairy

If you did it right you would not have gotten injured...seriously! Did you pull that back muscle...I was bending at the knee's, yes you were when you did it, but the 4 million times you did it wrong before that you weakened that back muscle and it finally gave out.
With this logic, when Romo has been tackled, he has been falling the wrong way his entire career. Had he fallen correctly when tackled in the Philly game, his collarbone would not be broken now.
Baseball Pitchers who require Tommy John Surgery have been throwing the ball wrong throughout their entire career. Had they thrown the ball correctly, they would not have hurt their arm to the point of requiring surgery.
IMO, repetition might be what wears muscles to the point of injury, and the need for surgery.
I am not a Dr. but giving my observation.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
With this logic, when Romo has been tackled, he has been falling the wrong way his entire career. Had he fallen correctly when tackled in the Philly game, his collarbone would not be broken now.
Baseball Pitchers who require Tommy John Surgery have been throwing the ball wrong throughout their entire career. Had they thrown the ball correctly, they would not have hurt their arm to the point of requiring surgery.
IMO, repetition might be what wears muscles to the point of injury, and the need for surgery.
I am not a Dr. but giving my observation.

@Dragon and logic are mutually exclusive.

Just my observation as well.

Last edited:

Fergalicious

Is it normal to be injured and not get a single "how are you today" the next day? I guess mgt classes only teach them to ask at time of injury and then just silence... I guess they can only care on weekdays

When I began working at UPS the first time around, I had developed a bit of Carpal Tunnel. Me, being stupid (isn't it sad that you have to REGRET reporting an injury, as they so often stress that you should do it, all while you were playing one of the most integral role to help their organization exist?) I did as I was told and reported the notice in disorder.

I did not know or realize that when I reported my injury that it would turn into a seemingly criminal interrogation. I was insulted by the attitudes and the lack of concern. It altered my view of the company altogether. Put simply, this is the place that gives me money because I need it, but I will always put my needs and considerations ahead of any value of the company. Because they sure won't. I will only look after my own best interest. I say it like this, because you'll come to find that this is the seeming overall attitudes from the higher ups in the company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I began working at UPS the first time around, I had developed a bit of Carpal Tunnel. Me, being stupid (isn't it sad that you have to REGRET reporting an injury, as they so often stress that you should do it, all while you were playing one of the most integral role to help their organization exist?) I did as I was told and reported the notice in disorder.

I did not know or realize that when I reported my injury that it would turn into a seemingly criminal interrogation. I was insulted by the attitudes and the lack of concern. It altered my view of the company altogether. Put simply, this is the place that gives me money because I need it, but I will always put my needs and considerations ahead of any value of the company. Because they sure won't. I will only look after my own best interest. I say it like this, because you'll come to find that this is the seeming overall attitudes from the higher ups in the company.
Congratulations on being an adult.