Seems simple enough...

quad decade guy

Just wanted to direct deposit $100 a week into a new savings account.

Can I just go online and(UPSers.com?) fill out a form? Nope. Have to go to HR. Huh?

Zombie(looking at me with bored contempt) at the front desk: "Fill this form out".

Me: "Well, it doesn't really say what I want to do". Zombie:shrugs. Me: "What happens

if this gets screwed up?". Zombie: shrugs "I don't know." And faxes it out.

4 weeks later...no deposit. Back to HR. Me: "May I have a number to call payroll to fix

this?". Supervisor Zombie: "Nope. There is no number. Go through your mgt. team."

My Direct Supervisor(newly promoted): "I don't know, call Mgr. Bob."

Mgr. Bob: "What? blah, blah....." So here I sit. Reduced to getting $100 cash out of the

physical bank(and depositing it manually) until I have the time to get this straightened

out. Been going on for a month. Like the whole retirement thing-seems simple enough.

I really don't ask a whole lot(really)(expect excellence though) but have learned to

accept mediocrity, indifference and apathy. BTW, The Supervisor Zombie said the only

way you can call payroll is if there is a garnishment. Then, they are very interested.

I like for things to flow smoothly and efficiently. I really don't want to get loud and pissy,

but I know that is what it's going to take. We have a Division Feeder Mgr. that uses that

technique. Good enough for him, good enough for me.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just wanted to direct deposit $100 a week into a new savings account.

Can I just go online and(UPSers.com?) fill out a form? Nope. Have to go to HR. Huh?

Zombie(looking at me with bored contempt) at the front desk: "Fill this form out".

Me: "Well, it doesn't really say what I want to do". Zombie:shrugs. Me: "What happens

if this gets screwed up?". Zombie: shrugs "I don't know." And faxes it out.

4 weeks later...no deposit. Back to HR. Me: "May I have a number to call payroll to fix

this?". Supervisor Zombie: "Nope. There is no number. Go through your mgt. team."

My Direct Supervisor(newly promoted): "I don't know, call Mgr. Bob."

Mgr. Bob: "What? blah, blah....." So here I sit. Reduced to getting $100 cash out of the

physical bank(and depositing it manually) until I have the time to get this straightened

out. Been going on for a month. Like the whole retirement thing-seems simple enough.

I really don't ask a whole lot(really)(expect excellence though) but have learned to

accept mediocrity, indifference and apathy. BTW, The Supervisor Zombie said the only

way you can call payroll is if there is a garnishment. Then, they are very interested.

I like for things to flow smoothly and efficiently. I really don't want to get loud and pissy,

but I know that is what it's going to take. We have a Division Feeder Mgr. that uses that

technique. Good enough for him, good enough for me.

I assume you don't use online banking, but I bet you can ask the teller next time you go to the bank to set up an automatic transfer into you savings every Friday. They should be able to to it, and it'll be easier than having the company figure it out.

quad decade guy

I assume you don't use online banking, but I bet you can ask the teller next time you go to the bank to set up an automatic transfer into you savings every Friday. They should be able to to it, and it'll be easier than having the company figure it out.

Well, you assume wrongly. Different bank than direct deposit paycheck. Whole different place. Thing is,

can't do it without the company. I have my reasons why I want it done this way. That's all that matters.

And, your assumption about how easy it would be for the teller....applies to the company.

How hard can it be?

Well, you assume wrongly. Different bank than direct deposit paycheck. Whole different place. Thing is,

can't do it without the company. I have my reasons why I want it done this way. That's all that matters.

And, your assumption about how easy it would be for the teller....applies to the company.

How hard can it be?
My payroll is split into two different banks. I went to the office and they printed out a form to fill out, then they sent it to payroll.

I honestly don't know why you can't change it online. That would be way too easy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

How hard can it be?

My assumption was that you don't use online banking. If you do, you can set up a bank to bank transfer yourself, if not, a teller might be able to help with that too. It's all good, just thought I'd chime in with a possible work around. Hope you get it sorted out.

oldngray

nowhere special
My payroll is split into two different banks. I went to the office and they printed out a form to fill out, then they sent it to payroll.

I honestly don't know why you can't change it online. That would be way too easy.
2 different banks is a bit unusual but shouldn't be so difficult. I have multiple accounts but at the same bank so easy to online transfer between accounts.

2 different banks is a bit unusual but shouldn't be so difficult. I have multiple accounts but at the same bank so easy to online transfer between accounts.
I started that before my kids went to college.
The one bank had some really good savings rates but I like my regular bank and didn't want to switch my entire account over.
Plus that money was out of sight and out of mind. Now that everyone is done with college is use that account to fund my ROTH IRA.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I have three different banks that I have set up to transfer between. Two are online only, so it's the easiest way to put money in or get it out.

oldngray

nowhere special
I started that before my kids went to college.
The one bank had some really good savings rates but I like my regular bank and didn't want to switch my entire account over.
Plus that money was out of sight and out of mind. Now that everyone is done with college is use that account to fund my ROTH IRA.

I used to have an old savings account I never touched and treated as out of sight/out of mind. Until they were going to hit me with inactivity fees so I closed that account.

quad decade guy

My assumption was that you don't use online banking. If you do, you can set up a bank to bank transfer yourself, if not, a teller might be able to help with that too. It's all good, just thought I'd chime in with a possible work around. Hope you get it sorted out.

I appreciate that. However-"possible work around" shouldn't enter into it. I want it out of sight out of

mine...automatic. Don't want to lift a finger. BTW, I chose this 2nd bank because my 40 year bank

was so rigid and unhelpful. They missed out on a large deposit because of their bored indifference.

The 2nd bank greeted me with a smile and a positive experience. I like that.

Indecisi0n

I was pissed at the bank. It had changed hands since I started the account and went from good to real :censored2:s. I quickly closed the account and moved the money to another bank.
I have only had one Bank that did that if the funds were under a certain amount. I think it was $500 or less. I believe they did this to help weed out "dead" accounts.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Its just easier for me to keep things sperated.

My wife says I can never die because she has no clue of what the heck I'm doing.

Write down all your account information and passwords and what not, and put that in a secure location so she knows how to access it all if something unfortunate happens. I did that a few years ago before going on a trip. It's bad enough to deal with a loved one passing without having the power shut off on you.

Write down all your account information and passwords and what not, and put that in a secure location so she knows how to access it all if something unfortunate happens. I did that a few years ago before going on a trip. It's bad enough to deal with a loved one passing without having the power shut off on you.
She has all of that information

She just doesn't understand why I have things set up a certain way

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
She has all of that information

She just doesn't understand why I have things set up a certain way

My wife used to do bookkeeping, so I tried to get her to handle our personal finances. Apparently doing it for work and doing it for yourself are two different things for her. Since I'm stuck with managing the money I'll do it how I see fit. She can make whatever changes she wants when I'm dead. She may have trouble finding the buried silver, though.

quad decade guy

Yep. My Mom passed awhile back. Her idea was to "let it all be found out when I'm dead..."

And that resulted in I haven't spoken to my Brother since. We still don't know what/ where her business

is. It's a stupid way to carry out your affairs.

quad decade guy

My wife used to do bookkeeping, so I tried to get her to handle our personal finances. Apparently doing it for work and doing it for yourself are two different things for her. Since I'm stuck with managing the money I'll do it how I see fit. She can make whatever changes she wants when I'm dead. She may have trouble finding the buried silver, though.

Don't recommend this sop.