Self Checkout At Walmart

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Went to the walmart today and it was very crowded. 15 cashier aisles but only one real cashier so used the self checkout for the first time.

Had to call over the attendant about 5 times to ask how to use it.

First I asked how much of a discount I would receive for doing a cashier job ..."none" I then asked what would happen if I had 4 cans of soup( as an example ) and only scanned 3. ( even by mistake ), would I be arrested for shoplifting? she said no. If the attendant saw a mistake they would help you correct it. they don't have a checker at the exit door anymore.

I got 4 ears of corn and did not know how to ring it up. she showed me how. there are pictures of all the fruits and veggies ( if there is no scan code ) and you just select the picture and then touch the number you are getting.

The corn was 42 cents per ear. BUT , the other pictures of produce were more expensive .All the way up to $2 per. You can get the more expensive stuff and just press the corn or something a lot less and just press in the number and save a small fortune.

I pointed this out to the attendant. I also said it would be so easy to scam this system. She only said that "most people are honest" .
I just laughed and said "most people are honest? you are talking about Reno , Nevada the scuzz capital of Nevada.

Then we went to Costco and they also have self checkouts. I asked the attendant how much of a discount I got for doing his job?
he said "none"

I said I pay $120 a year for a membership to shop here and you expect me to self checkout? I told him they needed to unionize.He must have been management because he didnt think it was very funny.

What's next? stocking shelves? paid parking? unloading trucks? so you can shop there?

floridays

Went to the walmart today and it was very crowded. 15 cashier aisles but only one real cashier so used the self checkout for the first time.

First I asked how much of a discount I would receive for doing a cashier job ..."none" I then asked what would happen if I had 4 cans of soup( as an example ) and only scanned 3. ( even by mistake ), would I be arrested for shoplifting? she said no. If the attendant saw a mistake they would help you correct it. they don't have a checker at the exit door anymore.

I got 4 ears of corn and did not know how to ring it up. she showed me how. there are pictures of all the fruits and veggies ( if there is no scan code ) and you just select the picture and then touch the number you are getting.

The corn was 42 cents per ear. BUT , the other pictures of produce were more expensive .All the way up to $2 per. You can get the more expensive stuff and just press the corn or something a lot less and just press in the number and save a small fortune.

I pointed this out to the attendant. I also said it would be so easy to scam this system. She only said that "most people are honest" .
I just laughed and said "most people are honest? you are talking about Reno , Nevada the scuzz capital of Nevada.

Then we went to Costco and they also have self checkouts. I asked the attendant how much of a discount I got for doing his job?
he said "none"

I said I pay $120 a year for a membership to shop here and you expect me to self checkout? I told him they needed to unionize.He must have been management because he didnt think it was very funny.

What's next? stocking shelves? paid parking? unloading trucks? so you can shop there?
I usually check myself out in the Go friend Yourself line, I've been pleased, I've contracted no social disease.
Try the Go friend yourself line.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
boycott the self-checkout …line up behind the one register open. Problem solved

…OH WAIT , EVERYONES IN TOO MUCH OF A HURRY…

WALMART WINS

SMH
SIGH
🧔‍♂️✊

he said "none"

Screenshot_20220607-214133-070.png

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

he said "none"

Costco is union. So are most grocery stores

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

he said "none"

Boomers gonna boom.

Mutineer

After much initial skepticism, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I prefer grocery shopping and using the self checkout.
The unexpected elation of the experience was comparable to when I used the cruise control on a car for the first time.

Enough so that when I had reason to visit an unfamiliar grocery store, I noticed there was no such option. Assuming I simply wasn't seeing it, I asked a clerk where the self checkout is.

She pointed to a spot a few feet away said that "there used to be a self checkout over there, but it was removed." Absolutely disappointed I asked "why?"

She went on to cite some sort of conflict with the union.

allahuakbar

She/Her

he said "none"

Most Costcos are unionized as well. You should proof read things you copy and paste off your boomer Facebook groups.

trickpony1

When Walmart gives me a considerable discount for using self checkout. I will use it.
Last time I checked, I don't work for Walmart.

Activism helpig.

over9five

Staff member
When Walmart gives me a considerable discount for using self checkout. I will use it.
Last time I checked, I don't work for Walmart.

Activism helpig.
Remember you don't work for the bank when you use an ATM.
You also don't work for the gas station when you pump your own gas.

Reality helping.