Seniority and staggered start times 9.5

brownieworker

i am a four yr pkg car driver and this new contract has us starting at 9 910 945 11... is there any language in this contract that says higher seniority drivers can bump lower seniority drivers starting earlier? Swing drivers that is

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i am a four yr pkg car driver and this new contract has us starting at 9 910 945 11... is there any language in this contract that says higher seniority drivers can bump lower seniority drivers starting earlier? Swing drivers that is
Sounds like the Company is doing some test trails in your building in regards to the implementation of the soon to be 22.4 hybrid drivers.

I wouldn't bother grieving it, because by the time it gets heard locally and bounces through the panel system, it will be a mute point.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What Local ?
Don't answer that, TMI.

Instead we will ask you if there is any other forward riders or supplements that govern your local?

Also, I would like to know what your next day air commit times are and who is delivering the air for the late starters in the absence of these routes while they are being held back?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
at least it will give something the union to trade away and save one one of their pals
Actually in a true "quid pro quo" Local like mine, there are next to no discharges and very few grievances against the Company are ever heard.

That's the trade-off in it's purest form.

This way all parties involved can travel extensively and increase their body mass indexes on the Union per diem, while never having to prepare or argue a case or do any real work.

brownieworker

Funny I walked in and my union rep was standing there he said it was grievable.. also I am female not “his” and I talked to my manager about it and said it will never happen again .. bs I’m sure but working 190 stops in a split car starting at 10 is not fun .. local 407

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Funny I walked in and my union rep was standing there he said it was grievable.. also I am female not “his” and I talked to my manager about it and said it will never happen again .. bs I’m sure but working 190 stops in a split car starting at 10 is not fun .. local 407
That's awesome!!!

Just for my own knowledge, what article did your BA (he) say it was grievance under???

....and did you actually grieve it, or did you accept the explanation from your manager and let it go???