Seniority date

BrownNBlue3

Quick question concerning my seniority date. Senario-I was hired as a preloader in October '14, then moved to a new building. The new building immediately needed new drivers. I cover a pick up route immediately starting in mid October. November comes around and they need Saturday air drivers. I start driving Saturday Air as well. I continue driving through mid Jan as usual. I was permanently hired on preload in Jan 15. I worked preload, drove AIR 4-5 days out of the week as well as Saturdays. My question is can your PERMANENT HIRE DATE be different from your SATURDAY AIR DATE as far as seniority and pay be concerned?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Quick question concerning my seniority date. Senario-I was hired as a preloader in October '14, then moved to a new building. The new building immediately needed new drivers. I cover a pick up route immediately starting in mid October. November comes around and they need Saturday air drivers. I start driving Saturday Air as well. I continue driving through mid Jan as usual. I was permanently hired on preload in Jan 15. I worked preload, drove AIR 4-5 days out of the week as well as Saturdays. My question is can your PERMANENT HIRE DATE be different from your SATURDAY AIR DATE as far as seniority and pay be concerned?

Sorry that I can't help ya, but thank you for bumping this thread.
VPgANCP.gif

working up a sweat

The seniority date is your first day that you punch in as a PTer.

Management when approaching employees for vacation spots on calender use this list.

People who worked PT for first 30 years and last 9 years FT are ahead of others who worked first 15 years PT and last 20 years FT.

The list also applies to job bids. That's how it works in my local. The local has 2 hubs. If someone has more time in the other hub for a job bid in our hub, they win the bid and vice versa. They just have to transfer to the other hub. 15 miles between hubs.

Last edited: