Seniority doesnt matter

The Range

In too deep
It was brought to a hearing because some old bitter ass driver interpreted like that as well and guess what, he lost. Again , I am all for seniority but it's not to go home.

That's just like, your opinion, man. It's an incorrect opinion. Another local checking in and cuts are done by seniority. Our language is somewhat vague on the matter, however we were able to win this many years ago, forcing cuts by seniority. The established practice is strong and it is enforced. Other locals have catch all language invoking seniority. For example:

Article 48, Section 1 (Atlantic Area) - General Seniority, as measured by length of continuous service with the Company, shall prevail at all times.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's been won here. You're entitled to your opinion on the language, but that doesn't change the ruling or the fact that it is being used for instances of going home.
In our area, it has been said enough times, seniority does not give you the right to be the first to go home. It gives you the right to work, not to not work. That is only in the Atlantic supplement and perhaps a few others, but certainly not around here. UPS uses this to play favorites and even punish people locally.

Indecisi0n

W
That's just like, your opinion, man. It's an incorrect opinion. Another local checking in and cuts are done by seniority. Our language is somewhat vague on the matter, however we were able to win this many years ago, forcing cuts by seniority. The established practice is strong and it is enforced. Other locals have catch all language invoking seniority. For example:

Article 48, Section 1 (Atlantic Area) - General Seniority, as measured by length of continuous service with the Company, shall prevail at all times.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Seniority gives you the right to work as well as the right to go home when there are extra drivers. Hand your Diad to a cover driver and leave. Happened all the time in the Maple Grove Hub.
When they attempted to use my route as a training route I would bump guys off their bid route so I had a easy route to do.

dogs.bite.me

Ugh. Yea they send all these people with lower seniority home before me or other high seniority emplyees. I guess i have to file then. I just see it affecting my second job which worries me.
If they make you stay late because you filed, that's harrassment, and also borders on ULP

Nike

Lol this issue has come up sooo much more than who gets extra work in my hub. Everybody always wants to head out early, new guys and 20+year vets.