Seniority over 22.4

JustDeliverIt

It's going to take some time to work the kinks out of weekend delivery. I hope they get rid of 22.4s but some people think they can force UPS to not deliver on the weekends and those people are delusional.

How long do they need? We’ve had Saturday delivery for 4+ years here and they still can’t figure it out. And they just started delivering to all zip codes on Saturday last month, they used to hold the rural stuff. They can’t get the basics down, let’s expand the disaster.

542thruNthru

How long do they need? We’ve had Saturday delivery for 4+ years here and they still can’t figure it out. And they just started delivering to all zip codes on Saturday last month, they used to hold the rural stuff. They can’t get the basics down, let’s expand the disaster.
Yes but covid changed everything. My center alone has 15 new routes in T-Fri

Cloud

Monday is the catch-up day to deliver all the stuff that was brought back on Saturday. Lot of call-ins on Mondays and nobody likes to work Saturdays.

JustDeliverIt

Yes but covid changed everything. My center alone has 15 new routes in T-Fri

I guess. But for a company that prides itself on their logistics they just can’t seem to get basic stuff done.

COVID may have increased volume but they act like they’ve never had to adjust for that before. Maybe that’s why peak hasn’t run smoothly in years because they don’t have solid plans or enough equipment and personnel. Doubling down not only with Orion but dynamic Orion that can constantly change the already poorly designed dispatch.

The list just keeps going on, but you get the point. At some time the increase in volume isn’t the issue. It’s the way it gets handled is. I know none of us are making that call.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Nope. Our fearless union leaders guaranteed the 22.4s 40 hours a week but us RPCDs are only guaranteed 40 IF WORK IS AVAILABLE.
This is why you file for unemployment everyday that your sent home without work, after you ask for your 8.

I guarantee that you will have your 40 after your center manager gets chewed out for having an unemployment claim on file.

JustDeliverIt

Who thinks we will start Sundays before 2022 is over? We can't staff now. Can't imagine when Sundays come.

They would have to pick up some volume from somewhere. As it is, they take Monday work for Saturday and I think they also roll some Friday work over for Saturdays as well. Saturday and Monday are screwed up because of it. If they start delivering Sundays they are going to need the volume to do it. Don't think they have it now.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
They would have to pick up some volume from somewhere. As it is, they take Monday work for Saturday and I think they also roll some Friday work over for Saturdays as well. Saturday and Monday are screwed up because of it. If they start delivering Sundays they are going to need the volume to do it. Don't think they have it now.
What if they do Sunday air. Like how before Saturday ground we just did air service? I guess it is a possibility.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
My guess would be that Saturday air pick ups scheduled for Sunday delivery would be a very small market.
Except Fedex and Amazon and Post office deliver on Sunday. Even if its a small market they will do it to compete. They have to. No way we ever make money on Sundays or even Mondays for that matter.