Seniority

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Some areas have classification seniority, like in the Southern Supplement. Here, if two drivers go full time on the same day, it goes by company seniority. FT seniority here is what matters for vacation selection, route selection, and pretty much everything else.

If driver B went full time 1 day before driver A, and driver A had 20 years part time, he is now behind driver B for the rest of his career for the above seniority items.

I personally went in front of several guys that started UPS before me when I bid the FT combo routes when they were created as a part time cover driver was making more per week.

I knew the contract 3 months after getting hired PT and saw the long term benefit of jumping to FT ASAP.

Last edited:

upschuck

Thank you for the responses. I’m being told it doesn’t matter that B is higher because B should’ve went out first even tho they didn’t and this was 9 months ago. Just finding out today B is higher. They switched the seniority list.
Depending on where in the ratio they were. Evidently, they should have hired the inside guy before an off the street guy. Therefore he has been made whole, by this switch in seniority order.

542thruNthru

Thank you for the responses. I’m being told it doesn’t matter that B is higher because B should’ve went out first even tho they didn’t and this was 9 months ago. Just finding out today B is higher. They switched the seniority list.

Good Driver B should be higher. Driver B put in time and deserves his higher spot.

Welcome to UPS and congrats on getting the job.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you went driving the same time then the person with more building seniority is on top, but if one starts driving before the other, that person is on top now.