Seriously ???

S

serenity now

Does anyone else carry a file in the truck to smooth off the burrs on the handcart handle.

What unusual items do you keep in the truck and why?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Uh no. My map and a cooler of water is all I need. If it snows big I grab a shovel.

On second thought maybe I should carry the shovel every day. For the pile of **** that gets dumped on me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a squeegee in my box to keep in the cab on days it's raining and I have to close the door because the windshield gets all foggy. So I have my squeegee on the dash so I can wipe the windshield clean as needed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I got a usps mail box I carry with me with supplies. Tape gun, windex, paper towels, shipping papers and envelopes, icy hot, bandaids, pens, squeegee, fingernail clippers, Tylenol and flashlight and dog treats. Only reason I keep this with me in my own supply box is they like to play musical trucks sometimes you know what I mean. I tell people this job is like a camping trip you make sure you got plenty of food, drinks, clothes and supplies. Expect the unexpected. Everything you do in life is about your preparation and a plan, doesn't matter if your taking a dump or making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you always have a plan no matter what your doing in life. Well that's what well prepared people do anyway don't know about the people who are unprepared anyway lol. Sad but true folks.

Indecisi0n

They took out our totes so now I don't carry anything. I got a on call that said I needed label so I Sent office a message stating there is was a problem with that on call. They asked what? I said my labels are in my tote and my tote is in your office. No response they just canceled it. Later that night they asked why I don't carry labels in my personal back pack. I laughed and walked away.
Did I mention my management team hates me? Lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Does anyone else carry a file in the truck to smooth off the burrs on the handcart handle.

What unusual items do you keep in the truck and why?
No, I just use a rock. I do take the nuts and washers that fall off the handcart extension in the daily DVIR turn in box and toss the handcart outside the truck.

BrownArmy

friend maps. If they are gonna send me out blind, they are gonna pay.

After five years of cover driving, I don't often need the maps, but sometimes I do.

I'd rather have the maps than not...

It's like the second-floor pickup that rarely ships...when you don't bring your hand-truck, that's when they hit you with the once-in-a-month shipment of twelve forty lb. boxes...

Indecisi0n

After five years of cover driving, I don't often need the maps, but sometimes I do.

I'd rather have the maps than not...

It's like the second-floor pickup that rarely ships...when you don't bring your hand-truck, that's when they hit you with the once-in-a-month shipment of twelve forty lb. boxes...

That's when your mistakenly forget about that pickup then the normal driver has 17 forty pound boxes the next day!

womp wompppp

BrownArmy

That's when your mistakenly forget about that pickup then the normal driver has 17 forty pound boxes the next day!

womp wompppp

LULZ.

I covered a route on a Monday after a (then on vacation) driver had told the hardware store that he could only take two SODASTREAM boxes at a time...

I hit this place at 10:40...when the newbie dock-guy asks if I'm allowed to pick-up more than two SODASTREAM boxes, I say, "Sure!".

Like it's Clarksville.

I show up for the pickup at 15:00 and they have 48 haz-mat SODASTREAM boxes for me.

Thanks, vacation-bro.

(P.S. to all you bid-route drivers...take care of me, I'll take care of you...if you eff me, you'll find some interesting send-agains...)