SFA per retired manager

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You are reading and responding to things in my original post that were just not there. I never mentioned they were incapable, poor leaders, went through the motions, etc. etc. In my opinion you just made a false and negative assumption to support your own bias. But you did not and can not rebut my position and the facts about the employees I was speaking of. You are not here. You do not know them. You did not work under their leadership. I did.
It all stemmed from this: "I have seen good people step down from management because they just could not play the stupid games Fedex requires of them." And then they treat people fair, follow policies, and so on.

And I bet you that they did a great job of managing the day-to-day operations of the station, and they'd tell you that everything would be fine if FedEx would just leave them alone and let them do their jobs, and/or some other similar sentiments. Right?

Stat41

It all stemmed from this: "I have seen good people step down from management because they just could not play the stupid games Fedex requires of them." And then they treat people fair, follow policies, and so on.

And I bet you that they did a great job of managing the day-to-day operations of the station, and they'd tell you that everything would be fine if FedEx would just leave them alone and let them do their jobs, and/or some other similar sentiments. Right?

HedleyLamarr

We had two amazing OM at my station. Under their management, our station was regional station of the year twice in a row. One of them transferred to the Indy hub, the other stepped down and is a courier again. My station quickly deteriorated, and is now at the bottom of the barrel statistically speaking at the regional level.

Stat41

Hey Dano. Not right man. For you to say they were glorified babysitters is to infer that I and others are babies. Let me assure you I am not. If your ID is a hint, I am older than you sir. And they never told me everything would be fine or such. I do understand where you would get that impression though. I have worked for the type of managers that I believe you were referring to. But it wasn't them.