SFA, Why bother?

Guapo

In our last "sfa meeting" a coupla weeks ago I asked the ops and senior manger directly if they got their raise. Both stated in a group of about 20 drivers that they did not get a raise in March. Any one have a way to prove or disprove their statement?[
QUOTE=FedUpExpressCourier;1115974]I really feel bad for anyone that plays along and takes it. Chances are they have a brain the size of a pea. I implore all frontline employees to blow it off. It's a fact, that if you don't take it's more of a ding on mgmt then if you do take it and bury them. And for anyone that says they like there mgr(blah blah blah). Screw that. They got there raise. You think they care about you? Chances are they would stab you in the back in a second to save there own arse[/QUOTE]

SmithBarney

My rationale for taking the SFA is that if I don't take it, they can only guess how I feel. If I do take it, it will be in black and white. I am one of those who likes their Ops Manager, and he is doing a fantastic job (one of a dying breed) and he should be recognized as such by HIS manager by his survey results. The company on the other hand, different story, and my SFA reflects that. And yes, I have told him that he is doing a great job and if he had been any other manager, I had no plans to take the SFA. I will shut up now and duck the flying barbs that will be hurled at me as a result of my post. ������������������

Our ops Managers are recognized daily by the job we(CRR/CSA) do(thanks in most part to the job they do). If they manage us well, (ie run proper routes, stay within acceptable numbers etc) they are recognized for doing their job correctly. If not they end up on a conference call answering questions, and figuring out how to fix it. Don't need a SFA report for that. If you want to fluff your OP manager, get him/her a cupcake, otherwise it's all business to them, and it should be for us too.

SmithBarney

In our last "sfa meeting" a coupla weeks ago I asked the ops and senior manger directly if they got their raise. Both stated in a group of about 20 drivers that they did not get a raise in March. Any one have a way to prove or disprove their statement?

Because they weren't lying... it wasn't in March(it was another month...)

The Mayor

What was this thread about again?

Exactly hypo....So let's get back to the point.

So, I actually took the SFA today. Just thought it was really interesting that one of the questions was, "If I felt Option 1 in the vacation bidding process met my needs."

Wow! :surprised:talk about being out of touch with reality. Really? This was one of the best questions that they could ask especially with how effed up things are right now. I still can't believe it.:wince:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

So, I actually took the SFA today. Just thought it was really interesting that one of the questions was, "If I felt Option 1 in the vacation bidding process met my needs."

Wow! :surprised:talk about being out of touch with reality. Really? This was one of the best questions that they could ask especially with how effed up things are right now. I still can't believe it.:wince:[/QUOTr.E]

That's because they still actually believe their own hype. Who do you think are the people telling Forbes, etc., that FedEx is a great place to work?! It surely isn't us lowly front line employees. Thank God, we know bette

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wow! :surprised:talk about being out of touch with reality. Really? This was one of the best questions that they could ask especially with how effed up things are right now. I still can't believe it.:wince:[/QUOTr.E]

That's because they still actually believe their own hype. Who do you think are the people telling Forbes, etc., that FedEx is a great place to work?! It surely isn't us lowly front line employees. Thank God, we know bette

This was a question to show us that "they are lsitening", which is pure crap. All they care about is that you're compliant, malleable, and unwilling to sign a union card. If they were to actually change the vacation bidding process, they'd piss-off the senior people they need to stay on the sidelines. What will happen, if anything, is promises of more skip-level meetings, TLA sessions, and other mindless exercises designed to vent frustration as opposed to actually solving a problem.

Here's all they really want to measure: How willing are you to continue being Fred's bitch?

ManInBrown

Can someone please explain this "new vacation bidding process"

The only thing I noticed that had changed was extra weeks blacked out. Then again I am a lowly 10 year courier thus am far down the list. Maybe the new policy doesn't pertain to someone so far down? I noticed nothing different

vantexan

The only thing I noticed that had changed was extra weeks blacked out. Then again I am a lowly 10 year courier thus am far down the list. Maybe the new policy doesn't pertain to someone so far down? I noticed nothing different

When you get to 14 years trust me you'll still be lowly. There's topped out couriers and second class citizens.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Same here.
I'm not seeing anything different.
And, I agree with Vantexan, if you don't have a stupid banner hanging in your sta. with your name on it, they dont' give a crap about you.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
.... I agree with Vantexan, if you don't have a stupid banner hanging in your sta. with your name on it, they dont' give a crap about you.

They don't give a crap about ya even if ya do... At my location that banner is known as the big 'WTF Are These People Still Doing Here?" list.