SFA, Why bother?

Ricochet1a

As far as 'manipulating' on-road productivity, I can only imagine that they will perform a 'weighting' game with delivery appointment stops (and especially evening appointment stops). Currently, ASR, DSR and ISR stops have a 'weight' factor applied to them. If a Courier leave the building with 80 stops (precisely counted), any resi signature required stops are given a weight to reflect both the time incurred in getting them off, as well as the 'value' in getting them off with only a single attempt (eliminating the need for another attempt, which would reduce REAL productivity in subsequent days).

I believe that DSRs are weighted as 2 stops on the end of day report, and ISRs (should they be successfully be delivered to the intended recipient) are weighted as 1.25 stops (if someone has better data, go ahead and report it). If ISRs are actually indirected, the Courier is credited either with 2 full stops, or possibly only something a bit less (not positive about the number).

If delivery appointment stops are weighted as say 3 stops on the productivity report (and possibly 3.5 or 4 stops for an evening delivery appointment), then the REPORTED productivity of the station would be artificially enhanced to make everything look as if real productivity is being achieved (management by report and not by substance).

This is the only way I see Express pulling off this whole program, while not completely trashing the established historical productivity trends of a station. Then in the unfortunate event that del appointments are discontinued, there would be no need to retroactively adjust station on road expectations - the appointment stops will disappear along with the differential weighing of the stops performed under appointments. It never happened, it was a mulligan, back to previous expectations.